• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Flamencista Shoes - The first e-shop for flamenco shoes in Greece

billyarme

Hello all m8's, designers and developers!

I'm proud to present to you the first e-shop in Greece for flamenco dance shoes! It's almost completed but still need some feedback from you!

Link: www.flamencista.gr

Thanks.

VA Design

Read:

In addition to the forum rules, live stores discussed in this channel must be powered by osCommerce Online Merchant and have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed on the site.

You state to be powered by your self.........

Is that not a bit unfair?

Has no security, you should secure everything b4 posting here, as the hackers will look too.

If u care about customer security, backup yesterday and secure it now

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Thanks Sam for your feedback. I ll make the security changes asap! How did you notice that btw?

Just obvoius checks.

You asked me to re-check, its much better, but you havent delt with post vars (account/contact pages etc) http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7202 will sort all that

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Hello all m8's, designers and developers!

I'm proud to present to you the first e-shop in Greece for flamenco dance shoes! It's almost completed but still need some feedback from you!

Link: www.flamencista.gr

Thanks.

VA Design

What am I missing here? I went to the URL but there was no oscommerce site?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

it's all changed since last time I saw it....now you basically have to select greek language on the home page in order to access the oscommerce shop.

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

it's all changed since last time I saw it....now you basically have to select greek language on the home page in order to access the oscommerce shop.

Thank you Biancoblu, I managed to take a look at the site.

Here is initial feedback for billyarme:

First of all, it does look a bit stock oscommerce-ish but the logo and header navigation are pretty. Most of your product images are of a good decent size and the theme of your site goes together nicely with what you are selling.. the dark red/maroon is nice and easy on the eye... so on those things well done and keep up the effort trying to improve and update the store until you get the final look you want.

1) Remove the column right, you do not need to have those infoboxes and if you want them move them to the column left

2) Give your sitre fixed width of around 960px and give it a background colour outside - this make really make it look prettier

3) I will say there is no need to have date and requests in the footer, it is pointless and also your footer is too long, put these on one line: Home | The Flamencista Group | Our Testimonials | How To | Contact us

What's new | Specials

4) You should also add the stock RC2 footer bar but use the stylesheet to make it a red/maroon colour bar so you can add your copyright notice under it

5) The cart header area is too empty, you should try and add something else there to liven it up a bit

This was just an initial opinion after a few clicks of the main pages.

I wish you success

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Thanks for feedback and time chooch.

What am I missing here? I went to the URL but there was no oscommerce site?

I had to transfer to previous site when user clicks to english flag until it is completed so my customer want miss any sales!

Thank you Biancoblu, I managed to take a look at the site.

Here is initial feedback for billyarme:

First of all, it does look a bit stock oscommerce-ish but the logo and header navigation are pretty. Most of your product images are of a good decent size and the theme of your site goes together nicely with what you are selling.. the dark red/maroon is nice and easy on the eye... so on those things well done and keep up the effort trying to improve and update the store until you get the final look you want.

1) Remove the column right, you do not need to have those infoboxes and if you want them move them to the column left

2) Give your sitre fixed width of around 960px and give it a background colour outside - this make really make it look prettier

3) I will say there is no need to have date and requests in the footer, it is pointless and also your footer is too long, put these on one line: Home | The Flamencista Group | Our Testimonials | How To | Contact us

What's new | Specials

4) You should also add the stock RC2 footer bar but use the stylesheet to make it a red/maroon colour bar so you can add your copyright notice under it

5) The cart header area is too empty, you should try and add something else there to liven it up a bit

This was just an initial opinion after a few clicks of the main pages.

I wish you success

Now about your feedback:

1. I prefer a 3 column template. The site looks more profesional this way, i think.

2. I have 1000px fix width so 40px less won't make any diferrence.

3. Good idea to remove date and request. Pointless...

:thumbsup:

Now about your feedback:

1. I prefer a 3 column template. The site looks more profesional this way, i think.

2. I have 1000px fix width so 40px less won't make any diferrence.

3. Good idea to remove date and request. Pointless...

:thumbsup:

Having three columns usually means having greater width so yes keep it as is. The suggestion was to reduce width if you removed the column_right but it was just a suggestion and you know more than anyone what you like and what you want your site to look like.

If you 'justify' your product descriptions it will look better because it will look uniformed and neat... here is a good example why you should think about justifying: Your Site Product Info Page

Nice store, I wish you success

CHOOCH

Archived