• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with choosing colors for my store

Collines

Please can someone take a look at my store and advise me if my color scheme is up to scratch. It just does not seem to pop out to me, and I have been spending hours on trying to get it right.

Many many thanks

www.collines.co.uk

Ok, I am just about finished now. Please can someone give me some feedback. I would particularly like to hear from anyone using older versions of internet explorer as I am using a fully XHTML and CSS compliant version of oscommece and would like to know if there are any divs floating out of place in those browsers.

Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

I'm not the best person to advise on colors, but I can spot mis-sized images. Resize your images to the size they will be when displayed. Some of your images appear distorted because they are being resized by the browser.

Your colors need to be selected to complement your products and to set a mood. For your product line, pastels and earth colors would be appropriate. Your site does appear a bit bland, but that's not necessarily bad. Now I need to stop talking about the things I said I'm not good at.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

For what your store is selling, I think the stylesheet has been used pretty well.

Just a few things I would like to comment on:

- you have a spacer above the header but not in the footer, these gaps should be unified to give the site consistency

- it is excellent that you have removed the column right and given the store a fixed width

- I am not a big fan of overloading customers with too much to look at on index pages but the layout you opted for is easy on the eye, the images are of a nice size.. well done

- The header with the currencies is another nice touch, looks good

- Lastly, your top>catalog breadcrumbs make no sense as they lead to the same page. Get rid of them entirely as you have links in your column left

I wish you success

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Archived