• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

URGENT Emails not being received

kotaro

Hello,

Yesterday night I suddenly noticed that I'm not receiving emails with order confirmations or any other emails for my site like newsletters, updates, contact page and so on. I use Credit Cards to accept payments and it was working just fine. I do receive email with authorization from Authorize (those come from authorize itself) but neither I or customers receive confirmation emails or update emails or any other emails from the store application itself - osc. I tried to order something, tried to update, tried to send email from newsletter manager and still nothing.

Can anyone help me or point me in the direction where to look for the problem. I haven't done any new updates from the time it was working so i have no idea why it would stop sending emails.

Thank you!

bump

I know this maybe obvious but the first thing I'd look at is setting up a test account with yahoo or gmail, and see if the emails are getting sent to spam or bulk folders.

Yeah, I know, I'm a bit impatient. Sorry about that.

I will contact my host which is GoDaddy and talk to them for the 4th time :)

I did check my gmail and yahoo and no emails in spam folders on either one.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Called godaddy they told me to use their script - webformmailer.php but they couldn't and didn't want to help me make it work, so even their own script didn't work.

Anyone knows what i should be looking for to make emails work?

Called godaddy they told me to use their script - webformmailer.php but they couldn't and didn't want to help me make it work, so even their own script didn't work.

Anyone knows what i should be looking for to make emails work?

More I hear about godaddy the gladder I am that I never used them as a host.

I have never had problems with the numerous sites and host I worked on and the Oscommerce emailer.

I can not offer any suggestions at this point. Hopefully somebody else will have an idea for you.

Good Luck

Archived