• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Website Payment Standard module modification

ijpre

I have the PayPal Website Payments Standard module installed and it is working almost perfectly except for one problem. The cart contents from the OsCommerce shopping cart are not itemised on the PayPal payment page. As a default PayPal show the name of the store or a blank text box where people can enter their own description of the item. To improve this I have downloaded the contribution at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6783 but there is a limitation with this in that you are only allowed 127 characters in the product description before it cuts out. If a customer orders multiple products and the product description goes over 127 characters the payment notification from paypal also shows the incomplete order data.

We often have people ordering multiple products so 127 characters is not enough for our needs. I know that some suggestions have been to use the PayPal IPN module but I'm reluctant to do that because I have everything working so perfectly with the Standard module except for this one little bug and I don't want to have to go back to square one with another module.

Paypal have html modifications to their buttons that allow you to itemise the products but of course the files in OsCommerce are php files and I'm uncertain of the best way of modifying them so that the itemised product descriptions can be transfered across. If the PayPal IPN module can have a choice between "per item" and "aggregate" then surely with the help of some code modifications to the website payments standard module it can have the same option.

Does anyone have some ideas on this or anyone who has some mods they've done that have worked for them?

pointless to develop or modify this module as PayPal IPN is better as module and no bugs with missing orders in admin panel.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

• 2 weeks later...

which PayPal IPN?, only one I could find was:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2679

and the last full english update seems to be from March 4, 2009, all the more recent versions are either in german or one page bug fixes.

so please, enlighten us as to which one you are referring to.

Edited by stevebob