• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Which program

Whitney2

I'm using coffeecup HTML editor and the CoffeeCup FTP but which do I use first? Or can someone please explain the steps I take after I backup my files and save them to my local PC. Do I then FTP them to the HTML editor? And please be descriptive or step by step would be GREAT! Also are there any tutorial videos and the steps to take?

The purpose of the FTP is to transfer my files to my local computer for safety reasons right? And then the HTML editor is to translate? Maybe if I understand these two differences It wil make more sense.

You cant actually use a HTML editor directly to make a oscommerce shop, click on basics for osc design in my signature for more info.

I'm using coffeecup HTML editor and the CoffeeCup FTP but which do I use first? Or can someone please explain the steps I take after I backup my files and save them to my local PC. Do I then FTP them to the HTML editor? And please be descriptive or step by step would be GREAT! Also are there any tutorial videos and the steps to take?

The purpose of the FTP is to transfer my files to my local computer for safety reasons right? And then the HTML editor is to translate? Maybe if I understand these two differences It wil make more sense.

Yes, FTP allows you to transfer files back and forth between your local computer and your remotely hosted website. The HTML editor allows you to change the files. So if you need to add a contribution or something like that, you would ftp the file from your host to your local computer, change it and then ftp it back to your host.

Of course, ideally you'll have a separate area to test whatever you've changed before you upload it to any working website. And the previous poster is correct, most HLML editor programs have built in FTP functions.

Good luck

In addition to the other comments,

I suggest downloading either textpad or PSpad. Both are free php editors. They will work better than the html editor. I have the coffecup program and it is nice for creating html code. You can make your tables or whatever other html code you need and then use textpad to insert it into your php files.

Tim

Archived