• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installed 4 times with broken links every time-Please Help

Paximus

Thanks for looking! I've installed ULTIMATE SEO Urls 5.0 4 times, each time being very careful to preserve my other add on changes (paypal express, fancy images, instant download and STS) and each time when I check the site and navigate - it comes up with Broken Links (ugh). ULTIMATE is making the HTML pages, but all links are broken. QUESTION: I'm running under PHPMyAdmin server version 5.0.67 while checking on GoDaddy and under my sites Admin, I'm running PHP 5.2.8. Do You Thinks this is a problem with running server version 5.0.67 and SHOULD I download PHP 5.2.8 for PHPMyAdmin? If so, can anyone point me in a direction for information on how to download new version, migrate database and survive (very much a newbie although I've learned the hard way to BACK UP).

OR, I still have a problem in my config file (I think) where I have my Images outside of the catalog file structure to make it work. Would that be it?

Any thoughts or direction would be really great as I'm excited to get ULTIMATE going!

tjs

MySQL server 5.0.67 is fine. phpMyAdmin is just a utility to manipulate your MySQL database. PHP 5.2.8 is a nice, up to date level for PHP.

How exactly are these links broken? Are all links broken, or just a specific few? Does osC with Ultimate produce nice clean ".html" URLs, but your site isn't recognizing them? Was your .htaccess modified in the process to either rewrite SEO URLs to dynamic (/index.php?product_id=...) or send "not found" files and directories to a PHP script (I don't know which method Ultimate uses). One or the other method is needed -- did you miss a step, or was the installation unable to update the file (e.g., read-only .htaccess)?

MySQL server 5.0.67 is fine. phpMyAdmin is just a utility to manipulate your MySQL database. PHP 5.2.8 is a nice, up to date level for PHP.

How exactly are these links broken? Are all links broken, or just a specific few? Does osC with Ultimate produce nice clean ".html" URLs, but your site isn't recognizing them? Was your .htaccess modified in the process to either rewrite SEO URLs to dynamic (/index.php?product_id=...) or send "not found" files and directories to a PHP script (I don't know which method Ultimate uses). One or the other method is needed -- did you miss a step, or was the installation unable to update the file (e.g., read-only .htaccess)?

Thanks for responding so quickly! I'm off to work will take a look tonight. All the links are broken from the main page which is based on the STS template. I did try several levels on my .htaccess file and it didn't seem to make a difference. I have a feeling it might be my configure files as i am currently running my Image file outside of Catalog due to something funky and haven't figured it out yet. Thanks again! tjs

I kinda know what I'm doing with osCommerce, I am having issues getting FWRMedia Seo Urls 5 working on godaddy. I think that godaddy has some "incompatibility" somewhere which I am in the process of tracking down.

Does it break your links? After I upload the new files, modify the altered files (carefully and 4 attempts) and then pull up the site to check it (when the install directions suggest to do so), my site pops up. But, any attempt to navigate from the front page (STS Template) just results in the Broken Link Message. When I search for that broken file link, it shows that ULTIMATE generated a lot of HTML pages but nothing is linked?

PLEASE (and thanks for respoding!) keep us in the loop with what you might find out. I really want to get ULTIMATE going. And not the first time I've had weird things with GoDaddy!

tjs

• 2 years later...

I kinda know what I'm doing with osCommerce, I am having issues getting FWRMedia Seo Urls 5 working on godaddy. I think that godaddy has some "incompatibility" somewhere which I am in the process of tracking down.

Hi burt,

I am having the same problem with GODADDY server. The SEO Urls were working fine on my previous server but since when I have migrated my website to the GODADDY, the category and product pages are giving me errors, blank page and saying "No input file specified"

Please let me know if you have find a solution for this,,,

It will be a great help!!!

Thanks in Advance...