osCommerce

The e-commerce.

product attributes order

tommygunner

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attributes Sorter and Copier v5.1 is really recommended over v5.0

What browser and OS are you using that you cannot order this? It should be on you account history page and unless you bought it without the Free Charge Card, which only happens if you add physical products of value or weight to the cart, it should be set to allow you to immediately download it.

No ... no ... no need for applause ... just send money ... 8)

I am glad that this is working for you.

I keep trying to add-in additional Attribute related issues that need to be addressed with each version released.

The new weight feature I think will be really handy for people.

The upcoming Unit Price and Unit Qty will really help for one time fee per product and not per product's qty

You actually have to place the item in your cart and go through the checkout process. Remember... it says that the item is FREE!!! Once you have completed your checkout, you are given a download link to begin your download.

-R

Mainly the Extras folder are just files to show you where things should be placed. If you had identical versions to what I used, you could copy them over your's after you back up.

But I usually prefer to see the changes before I do something like that if possible.

hmm, I copied files over and made backups of originals. When I go to product options edit, I get 1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_sort_order' in 'field list'

select products_options_name, products_options_sort_order from products_options where products_options_id = '5' and language_id = '1'

and when I go to catalog webpage, I see 1054 - Unknown column 'products_attributes_weight' in 'field list' on page.

Do I need to edit some of the files besides just copying them over?

Did you update the MYSQL tables? Thats that the section of the readme.txt file called TABLE CHANGES:

It sounds like that hasn't been done yet.

-R

Those silly extra fields to make the whole thing work break the code everytime if you forget them ... :shock:

Not that I ever forget to add fields to tables for my own code or anything moofy like that ... :roll:

Ok, error messages gone after updating database. It looks pretty nice. I now put in Sort Order number such as 1, 2, 3 for each pulldown menu. It doesn't seem to be working, though. After I go to website and refresh, the menus are still in same order.

One thing I didn't do was add

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('', 'Category/Products Display Order', 'CATEGORIES_SORT_ORDER', 'model', '<b>Valid Orders:<br>products_name<br>products_name-desc<br>model<br>model-desc</b>', 1, 99, '2002-12-30 13:28:47', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

The tables were all already there, I just didn't add the Values stuff because I wasn't for sure about this stuff. I did all the rest of the stuff. Would this effect order not working?

It worked great for the existing attributes until I went to add another attribute then I got this error.

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

insert into products_attributes values ('', '28', '6', '19', '0', '+', '2', '0', '', '', '', '' )

[TEP STOP]

Archived