• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I can not decide

Hi..

My shop has been live for some months now, but I'm the kind that are never completely satisfied.

That's why I ask you helpful people out there for help, I need your feedback on my shop.

I'm located in Norway and I focus mainly on the Norwegian market.

Please take a look at My link and report back your opinion.

If you like it that's fine.

If you dont like it then please tell me what you dont like and what you would have done about it.

Many thanks in advance!

I think that you are a coder and not a designer.

I'd expect a bridal shop to be more elegant, which means pastel colours, mainly white - some web2.0 style - images of beautiful people etc etc. Removal of all the clutter and just have your whole shop devoted to the products on offer, rather than things such as my IP address. I already know what my IP address is ;)

Then again, is it a bridal shop? I don't know - perhaps you should make this clear. Either way, if you have no design skills then buy a template or get a makeover.

I think that you are a coder and not a designer.

Yes, you're right..blush.gif

I'd expect a bridal shop to be more elegant, which means pastel colours, mainly white - some web2.0 style - images of beautiful people etc etc. Removal of all the clutter and just have your whole shop devoted to the products on offer, rather than things such as my IP address. I already know what my IP address is wink.gif

Then again, is it a bridal shop? I don't know - perhaps you should make this clear. Either way, if you have no design skills then buy a template or get a makeover.

Yes, it is mainly a bridal shop. You're pointing on things I want to do someting with. Thats why I need to hear what other people say about it. I will make a list and start working from there.

Thanks anyway for your feedback!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

1.I would tone down the pink a little bit. It is a bit too bright. Romantic colors are more suitable to a bridal site and examples of these would be: in CMYK

0 65 50 0

0 20 10 0

0 85 70 0

0 45 30 0

0 55 50 0

0 20 20 0

2. When you click on the category items, the sub categories are spaced a bit too far from the main category menu.

3. I am not too sure about your breadcrumbs. I think it would look a lot better on one line.

4. Bright orange buttons are a bit too forceful for a romantic site. See point one above for suggestions.

5. You have the lightbox contribution for popup images which is good, but I think your site would look better if your pictures on the actual product pages were a lot bigger. You want to sell your products and miniature pictures do not really do the job very well.

6. On your information pages, I would remove the default oscommerce comical images.

7. I would remove the catalog drop down from the language box and put it on the header after checkout, possibly.

8. On your categories box, the folder icons are a bit industrial for a bridal site. Perhaps change them to something a little more romantic.

9. Consider installing the info pages module, or create a page like the contact us page for the step by step page. Customers do not like when links open new browser tabs or windows.

10. Make your logo a clickable link that returns you to the home page. Many users of web site expect to return to the home page when they click the logo.

11. Remove 'top' from the breadcrumbs as it takes you to a redirect page, which is not very nice.

12. On your front page using the word 'cheap' when referring to a wedding dress, sounds well........cheap. It is the brides special day. She will not want something cheap. She might want something 'affordable'.

13. I would remove the 'Welcome guest.....' from the homepage. It is a bit stock and not really very usefull.

14. I am not sure what the bug and other language text on the English version means. It serves no real purpose there.

15. I would brighten up the text on the home page. Dull and black is not very appealing.

16. You have reCaptcha on your contact form. Consider adding it to your account creation form too.

17. AGAIN..the shocking pink makes me think of babies, not weddings.

I hope this helps a bit.

Hi

I notice that on larger screen resolutions your flyout category menus fly right out of the shop, I took some screenshots for you:

on a 1680 x 1050 screen: image01

on a 1920 x 1080 screen: image02

As for colours, I would go for a beigy type colour scheme (for example #d1c1a8, #e3d1c3, #e5d3c5) it looks great for wedding sites, as it's been said before, the bright pink is better suited for baby sites. The heart folders you use for categories are really cute but perhaps the yellow is too clashy with the pink. I don't know how familiar you are with graphics, but you could use ribbons, veils, white lace, etc in your banner as opposed to the wedding rings which are so often seen.

I hope that gave some ideas. Good luck with your business. :)

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

Hi

I notice that on larger screen resolutions your flyout category menus fly right out of the shop, I took some screenshots for you:

on a 1680 x 1050 screen: image01

on a 1920 x 1080 screen: image02

This I am aware of, but I cant find a solution for the Dynamenu to show this right..

As for colours, I would go for a beigy type colour scheme (for example #d1c1a8, #e3d1c3, #e5d3c5) it looks great for wedding sites, as it's been said before, the bright pink is better suited for baby sites. The heart folders you use for categories are really cute but perhaps the yellow is too clashy with the pink. I don't know how familiar you are with graphics, but you could use ribbons, veils, white lace, etc in your banner as opposed to the wedding rings which are so often seen.

I hope that gave some ideas. Good luck with your business. smile.gif

Thanks for your feedback. I will look into this too..

Hi..

My shop has been live for some months now, but I'm the kind that are never completely satisfied.

That's why I ask you helpful people out there for help, I need your feedback on my shop.

I'm located in Norway and I focus mainly on the Norwegian market.

Please take a look at My link and report back your opinion.

If you like it that's fine.

If you dont like it then please tell me what you dont like and what you would have done about it.

Many thanks in advance!

Firstly, congratulations on your store. It is easy on the eye, has a nice colour contrast... I think the stylesheet usage was effective in getting your message across that it is an ideal place for females to browse, the colours seem to compliment the concept behind the site so it seems welcoming.

Having the gift box image displayed on the product_info pages is a very good idea. But for some reason the EMTI in the header logo seems dull... surely that needs jazzing up a bit?

Now, I am not a big fan of any page that has too much information. There is too much information on any page at any given time. Take the one, two or three infoboxes you think are good for your site and them to the left column and get rid of the column right. Create a new class and a new 5px border instead.

Your footer curved image is not smooth around the edges, you should get that sorted too.

And add an SSL certificate as it creates more trust.

I wish you success

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Firstly, congratulations on your store. It is easy on the eye, has a nice colour contrast... I think the stylesheet usage was effective in getting your message across that it is an ideal place for females to browse, the colours seem to compliment the concept behind the site so it seems welcoming.

Thanks, good to hear I'm on the right track here now. (I am no designer, that's why I need feedback)

Your footer curved image is not smooth around the edges, you should get that sorted too.

This I know, and will be fixed soon..

I wish you success

Thanks, and thanks for your feedback!

Archived