• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installed lytebox-effect but problem with new IE8?

I have installed lytebox-effect and it works fine with my MAC and my PC using an old version of Internet explorer but when i test it on a new version of IE8 it just pops windows up, can any one help?

using OSC 2.2 MS2 (051113)

Thanks for any help you can give.

Cain

my site rcmodelimports.co.uk

• 3 years later...

I found that if I make lytebox (or lightbox) the last scripts before </head> in my sts template or product_info.php, the script works. But, my other jquery scripts don't work. If instead, I place lytebox before jquery scripts, the jquery works but lytebox doesn't. Basically, whichever script gets played last before </head> works. I'm using jquery to show product info in tabbed boxes for some (but not all) products. Because I like the tabbed look so well, I'll put up with the lack of a lytebox (or lightbox) effect. It would be nice if both would work, though. Oh, well, time to look into a different method of presenting my product descriptions anyway - I never liked the "click to enlarge" idea.

Steep learning curve? Hell, I don't even know enough to formulate a stupid question!!

Thanks for the link - SO much to learn.

In the end, I decided to simply not use thumbnails as in the original OSC code - preferring 300px images included in each product's description. That resolves the conflict and makes the site look better, imho. Fortunately, I have few products, so the job isn't huge.

Steep learning curve? Hell, I don't even know enough to formulate a stupid question!!

• 1 month later...

somebody can helpwith the right code for lightbox in osc2.3.3? The latest addon I download just open a new window, not a pop up.

I think the code is outdated ;

2_ Insert the following code in the file includes/templates_top.php

<script src="js/jquery-1.7.2.min.js"></script>

<script src="js/lightbox.js"></script>

<link href="css/lightbox.css" rel="stylesheet" />

3_ Add a rel="lightbox" attribute to any link tag to activate Lightbox.

Eg:

$pi_entry .= '"target="_blank" rel="lightbox">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $pi['image'], '', KISSIT_MAIN_PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH, KISSIT_MAIN_PRODUCT_IMAGE_HEIGHT ) . '</a>';

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], '', 'NONSSL', false) . '" target="_blank" rel="lightbox">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), KISSIT_MAIN_PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH, KISSIT_MAIN_PRODUCT_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"' ) . '</a>'; ?>

in catalog/includes/product_info.php

find :

$pi_entry .= '" target="_blank" rel="fancybox">' .

replace by

$pi_entry .= '"target="_blank" rel="lightbox">' .

I try to fix it but have no popup, just new window.

Thanks for help