• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

WYSIWYG Product Editor and Macs??

I'd love to implement one of the available contributions that allows for WYSIWYG product editing. However, some say only for IE 5.5 and greater. Do these work only on PCs or does one work on a Mac too? My technophobic client uses a Mac and I would LOVE to allow him to use the WYSIWYG editor. It'll save me hours of tech support...

Thanks

Mark

Ok, let me get more specific...

has anyone used this contribution?  How well does it work and have you tried it on a Mac??

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ons,301/page,11

I answered my own question. I installed the above contribution (very easy to do). It works great on PC with IE 5.5+. In Netscape and Mac it just defaults to a regular text area.

If you install this, you can update to the most receint version of the HTML area at the website:

http://www.interactivetools.com/products/htmlarea/

:D my code works :!:

I tried all the hacks in contribs I do believe and IF you don't use the lastest version of Moziila ... click click click .... click click click .... erase those bits and pieces of code.

I jimmied a version from fusion, I tried phpBB's code but ugh, you really have to understand javascript and how phpBB works ... I don't :wink:

I'll be updating my mod in a few days ... hehe, check that out and hopefully, most mac browser will work.

I did try the updated version, but ... for my situation with my contrib ... I thought that htmlbar wouldn't allow most users access. However, I do like it and wish it would work with older Mac browsers. oH well.

NewsDesk(934) / FAQDesk(1106) / OrderCheck(1168) :::

• 1 month later...

oops, totally forgot about this thread.

:oops:

Yes, both of the contributions listed in my signiture has that ability. It wouldn't be very hard to use that code.

NewsDesk(934) / FAQDesk(1106) / OrderCheck(1168) :::