• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS templae help

oosoul

Before I start, I have read a lot (STS manual,oscommerce forum & goole)for 2 days now.

1) I installed STS Template ... works fine

2) Installed Microsoft Expression for editing

3) Designed a html website

My problem is were and how to insert the tags (ie $banner$)

Do I remove the picture and put the tags there or is it in the coding

I am reading the manual I just don't know were to insert these, or I just don't get it.

I also opened up the STS template index file to look at that, but that's were I get confused more.

That because there is no image just the tags.

Any help would be appreciated.

You say you was reading in the STS forums, so I guess you know where they are.

You should also post all your sts related questions to there, that helps to keep answers at one place. Please post there

the STS v4 forum

Edited by multimixer

You say you was reading in the STS forums, so I guess you know where they are.

You should also post all your sts related questions to there, that helps to keep answers at one place. Please post there

the STS v4 forum

No I said. I read the "STS MANUAL" "oScommerce Forums" I read were it said to use Google as a way to search the forum.

It's always the people who has nothing helpful to say or ready to knock someone is the first to start typing.

Edited by oosoul

Well, I'm sorry if you think that the link to the sts forum is "nothing helpful" or if you feel knocked in some way.

Believe me, I do not spend my time here knocking people.

STS is a addon, so, I told you to post in the STS thread, the one that is dedicated to sts related questions, and this has several reasons:

1) It helps that all answers stay together and that helps other people to find a solution easier. The thread becomes something like a "tutorial"

2) It helps you to get an answer faster

3) It helps people who know about sts to find all questions at one place, instead of searching all over the forum. Remember: Not to find an answer, but to find a question to answer.

Anyway, it's up to you to post wherever you like.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I am sorry "You say you was reading in the STS forums, so I guess you know where they are" comes off as a smart ass comment to me.

Well, when you read what you should do and don't do it....it makes it difficult to provide you with free help if you won't help yourself first. Posting STS support requests all over just clutters the osCommerce Forums as well as what was mentioned above.

I appreciate you reading the manual but it does point out where you should post your requests for support. The link is also in my signature below.

Hope to see you there...

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 2 weeks later...