• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sort Products By Dropdown Add on

I need to add a drop down for visitors to sort products from A - Z, Z - A and Price Lowest to Highest and Highest to Lowest. The add on here http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4312/v,22 does this but also by bestseller. I have looked over the code to try to remove the bestseller option but can't figure it out. Can someone please help me remove the bestsellers from this add on? (the bestseller sort is tied to cron)

Thanks

Sue

I actually got it!! for anyone else who wants this you simply add the following code (to index.php)

// Additional Products Sort
     echo '<td align="center" class="dynamicMain">' . tep_draw_form('sort', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . '<b>Sort by:</b>  ';

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
         echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);
     } else {
         echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath);
     }

$sort_list = array('1a' => 'Products Name A to Z',
                        '1d' => 'Products Name Z to A',
                        '5a' => 'Price Low to High',
                        '5d' => 'Price High to Low');
     foreach($sort_list as $id=>$text) {
      $sort_range[] = array('id' => $id, 'text' => $text);
     }

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('sort', $sort_range, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');
     echo tep_draw_hidden_field('filter_id', (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''));
     echo '</form></td>' . "\n";
// End Additional Products Sort

after

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');
       echo '</form></td>' . "\n";
     }

and before

}

Be sure to follow the directions from the add on here link to be sure your name and price number are correct. (All I did was remove the best sellers from the drop down and used only this code on the index.php as it appears that all of the other code for the add on had to do with the info needed for the best sellers sort)

Sue

• 1 month later...

Hi Sue,

when I use your code I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in ..../index.php on line 341

Any tips to solve this?

Edited by eprom