• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to totally remove one language?

DSeyir

Hi, can someone please tell me how to totally remove one of the languages? I removed the flag box and some other files, but people visiting the site in other countrys told me that site showed up the disabled language. and it gives some erros. wish files should I edit to totally remove it?

hanks, Carl

"The Breath becomes a stone; the stone, a plant; the plant, an animal; the animal, a man; the man, a spirit; and the spirit, a God."

Hi, can someone please tell me how to totally remove one of the languages? I removed the flag box and some other files, but people visiting the site in other countrys told me that site showed up the disabled language. and it gives some erros. wish files should I edit to totally remove it?

hanks, Carl

Choose Localization

Choose Languages

There you can delete languages, insert new languages and set one language as default..

You also need to delete the file and directory in includes/languages that have to deal with the other language. You should also remove the ones in admin/includes/languages but that won't hurt anything if you don't.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I was thinking about that. for example, Im preparing the site to sell only in spain, but one of the persons involved on the project wish is in india, when visiting the site, it show up some errors, as because it keep trying to show up the web in english.

Do you think I should remove all the english related files? is that going to affect the installation?

what about when adding any contribution? they normally are prepared for the english version.

"The Breath becomes a stone; the stone, a plant; the plant, an animal; the animal, a man; the man, a spirit; and the spirit, a God."

I was thinking about that. for example, Im preparing the site to sell only in spain, but one of the persons involved on the project wish is in india, when visiting the site, it show up some errors, as because it keep trying to show up the web in english.

Do you think I should remove all the english related files? is that going to affect the installation?

If you are going to only use the languages for Spain and India, then yes..

what about when adding any contribution? they normally are prepared for the english version.

Then you update the language files for Spain and India instead of the English ones..