• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where do I start?

Whitney2

I'm pretty technically challenged to say the least. :lol:

I'm trying to build my e commerce site and I use supergreen hosting. One of their techs installed the os commerce for me. But when I login to os commerce it by using my web address slash admin it doesn't give me the blue screen that the tutorials all show. It just gives me the white screen with options for Administration, Online Catalog and support site.

I want to be able to change my headers ect or at least clear the ones the stock images off of it. And also how can I get a free template for the site?

Thanks for any help!

I'm pretty technically challenged to say the least. :lol:

I'm trying to build my e commerce site and I use supergreen hosting. One of their techs installed the os commerce for me. But when I login to os commerce it by using my web address slash admin it doesn't give me the blue screen that the tutorials all show. It just gives me the white screen with options for Administration, Online Catalog and support site.

I want to be able to change my headers ect or at least clear the ones the stock images off of it. And also how can I get a free template for the site?

Thanks for any help!

There are templates in the Add-ons section - recommend this one, but there are many others

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6094

By the way, check on the version of osCommerce your host installed for you. If it is not 2.2rca, you are better off downloading that version from here and installing that.

There are templates in the Add-ons section - recommend this one, but there are many others

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6094

By the way, check on the version of osCommerce your host installed for you. If it is not 2.2rca, you are better off downloading that version from here and installing that.

Thanks, I checked and it is the 2.2 release. I was told I my need to install OS commerce into a text editor. Would that be why I'm not getting the blue admin screen? And how do I get OS commerce into a text editor?

Thanks, I checked and it is the 2.2 release. I was told I my need to install OS commerce into a text editor. Would that be why I'm not getting the blue admin screen? And how do I get OS commerce into a text editor?

Text Editor?

The only reason you would use that is maybe for changing the CSS but you can't 'run' Osc in a text editor.

I have not seen the "Admin Blue Screen" in 2.2 but I didn't install it via the host. I know it was there in previous versions but I have no use for it so I didn't really care that it wasn't present in my latest install.

That said if it is there it should be at http:www.yoursite.com/catalog/admin

Hope this helps.

Archived