• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal IPN for V2.2 RC2

DSeyir

Hi,

can someone please point me to the correct version of paypal IPN for oscommerce version V2.2 RC2.

thank you

"The Breath becomes a stone; the stone, a plant; the plant, an animal; the animal, a man; the man, a spirit; and the spirit, a God."

Hi,

can someone please point me to the correct version of paypal IPN for oscommerce version V2.2 RC2.

thank you

I need help with this as well. I believe the most up to date (and most used version) is here http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2679

However the latest version seems to be in German and this worries me that support for it is bad. Also I'm not sure how compatible it is with other contributions such as gift vouchers, or one page checkout. I think people are starting to use google checkout, or paypal pro instead and the support for this is dropping.

• 1 month later...

I need help with this as well. I believe the most up to date (and most used version) is here http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2679

However the latest version seems to be in German and this worries me that support for it is bad. Also I'm not sure how compatible it is with other contributions such as gift vouchers, or one page checkout. I think people are starting to use google checkout, or paypal pro instead and the support for this is dropping.

Start with the upload from 20090206, add the fixes which are not made by aplein. His contrib is a terrible mess and totally wrong.

Eveline

I'd like to have more feedback on this as well. I'm currently trying to use the Web Standard contribution and running into issues. I read the one listed above is "the way to go". But I agree with Denkster that it is a mess at this moment. I hesitate to use it given the fact that it appears that it's not being maintained well.

As Burt has already mentioned.....

For RC2 and RC2a you dont't need to install PayPal IPN.

Its already included in the shop....

In Rc2/Rc2a the IPN module is named PayPal Standard

So just go to modules >> payment in your shop admin install/enable PayPal standard and add in the required info and you are good to go....

Edited by toyicebear

So just go to modules >> payment in your shop admin install/enable PayPal standard and add in the required info and you are good to go....

ah, ok, so I am using it then. Looking at other threads on the board asking a similar question the answers implied that Paypal Standard and Paypal IPN where two different things.

Just to verify (I have catalog in root of site):

Paypal Website Payment Preferences

Instant Payment Notification

and the Notification URL in IPN has nothing to do with:

http://<my site>/ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php

• 2 weeks later...

Toyicebear,

1. What is the latest PayPal IPN Module and what might be the advantages over PayPal IPN v2.3.3 which is what we currently have installed ?

2. Is there a contribution or does the latest PayPal Module Transfer the store Order Details to PayPal specifically,

a) Items details and not just the total (i.e Itemized order)

Transfer the shipping details to automatically fill the paypal shipping form ?

Please do let me know if there is a module that might do this or if there are contributions we could install to make things easier.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Amit

• 2 weeks later...

"website payments standard" that comes with RC2 is what You need.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

I just installed v2.2 RC2 and cannot find a place to put the return url.

We have 3 sites and one paypal account so using the return to page option at the paypal site will not work.

It has to be done in the module but I don't see what 'should be there' with 2.2 rc2.

What am I missing?

I just installed v2.2 RC2 and cannot find a place to put the return url.

We have 3 sites and one paypal account so using the return to page option at the paypal site will not work.

It has to be done in the module but I don't see what 'should be there' with 2.2 rc2.

What am I missing?

IN the Module file there will be notify url value in the class code.

make sure its set to the value needed.It generally is.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.