• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

popup image not working after STS4.6_1

maffe

Hello all,

When i do a clean oscommerce ms2 (or rc2.2a) install and the only thing i then install is the STS4.6_1 package.

Through admin menu i only tick the setting:

Modules - STS - Standard - Use Templates - True (and choose the 'freeosc_061' template)

When i do that and click the 'update' button and go to my shop, choose a product and do a 'click to enlarge'

i get an empty page with stuff like:

$categorybox$

$manufacturerbox$

$whatsnewbox$

$cartbox$

$informationbox$ and so on.

What do i wrong?

I searched this forum and found these posts:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/281217-sts-popup-images-not-working

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/355393-problem-with-enlarging-image (here i did a reply, but this is the general topic)

So i tried here with a fresh topic

Who can help me...

You don't need to post "fresh" topics all around, just find the correct place to do it. --> The STSv4 Forum

It's mentioned at the place where you got the addon and in the instruction manual too. Did you read it?

It's mentioned at the place where you got the addon and in the instruction manual too. Did you read it?

Yes i read it, i made a popup_image.php.html file in my template dir, but it does not work.

What need i do more? Can you give me a hint please.

Yes i read it, i made a popup_image.php.html file in my template dir, but it does not work.

What need i do more? Can you give me a hint please.

thumbsup.gif He did give you a hint...post in the official STS Support Thread (if you read the manual, you would have seen the link to use to make your post; I also have the link in my signature below).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 4 months later...

I just love it when I am searching for the answer to a problem, then find the post that should have the answer and the response is like the above. Why can't anyone just give an answer instead of helping by telling the poor person in trouble to go read here, go read there. They must know the answer if they know where it is. I will now continue looking for the answer I need. By the way, I read the documentation.

I just love it when I am searching for the answer to a problem, then find the post that should have the answer and the response is like the above. Why can't anyone just give an answer instead of helping by telling the poor person in trouble to go read here, go read there. They must know the answer if they know where it is. I will now continue looking for the answer I need. By the way, I read the documentation.

Because we get sick and tired of people NOT READING THE DOCUMENTATION. crying.gif

thumbsup.gif The documentation specifically points out to post all STS related support questions in the proper support thread in order to BENEFIT ALL STS USERS from the question/answer. If you would have read it, you would have seen this. Thank you.

Also, if the user would do the above, they would find that the answer has most likely already been given a hundred times over within the STS support thread. An easy Google search of the thread would point that out. (see below)

I provide the software and support for free so why can't the users oblige and post in the appropriate support thread? Seems fair to me.

If I don't inform the erratic posters that they are not in the correct thread, other users may think this is the official STS Forum and piggy back questions to no end.

Sorry to upset you but please try to follow the proper procedures. Thanks!

Here are some Google search tips:

Search the specific STS version 4 support thread:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums [Contribution] sts v4

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums [Contribution] sts v4 $templatedir

By adding the search phrase "$templatedir", Google will search the entire STSv4 Forum thread for that phrase.

Search the entire osCommerce forum:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums sts

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums "insert your search text here without the quotes"

By adding the search phrase "sts", Google will search the entire osCommerce Support Forum for that phrase.

Search the contributions:

site:http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions simple template system

site:http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions "insert the search contribution name here without the quotes"

By adding the search phrase "simple template system", Google will search the entire osCommerce contributions for that phrase.

So...for example

Do a Google search for: site:http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions Header Tags SEO

And that will return the following.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Thank you brokert, I have the same feeling. I found this thread and thought my troubles were almost over now I have to go search other places. Why can't people just answer the damn question if they know what it is instead playing these games.

Thank you brokert, I have the same feeling. I found this thread and thought my troubles were almost over now I have to go search other places. Why can't people just answer the damn question if they know what it is instead playing these games.

Why can't you stop playing games and go to the STSv4 support thread and ask your question there. My gosh, you would think I was cutting off your right arm. Just go to the STSv4 Forum and post your question. How much easier could it be? There is a purpose for this as explained in my posts above.

I even posted the link for you in my signature below as well as publishing it in the STS User Manual.

Everyone wants it handed to them and not put any effort into doing it correctly. I will GLADLY provide FREE support to ALL of your STS QUESTIONS if you follow directions and post there.

If not, keep complaining and Good luck!

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions