• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS help please

nealc

I am currently working on an STS Oscommerce install and am having issues with the template design going to all other pages for example product_info.php and shopping_cart.php all go back to the original template design even after I have made my edits in index.php to change the look and feel of the template. Is there something that I am missing?

I am currently just learning osCommerce and PHP, but am always willing to help out.

Have successfully installed the following: Discount Coupons, UPS shipping module, Ultimate SEO URL's, Easy Meta Tags for SEO 1.0, Google XML Sitemap SEO v1.3, HTML Editor for Email and Newsletters.

Would you mind telling me why though when I make changes to the original STS template index.php that the changes do not affect the other pages?

I am currently just learning osCommerce and PHP, but am always willing to help out.

Have successfully installed the following: Discount Coupons, UPS shipping module, Ultimate SEO URL's, Easy Meta Tags for SEO 1.0, Google XML Sitemap SEO v1.3, HTML Editor for Email and Newsletters.

Thank you. This is frustrating cause I cannot find anything online that is helpful or at least explains to me how to get this to work correctly.

I appreciate your help though. Where do I get your template?

I am currently working on an STS Oscommerce install and am having issues with the template design going to all other pages for example product_info.php and shopping_cart.php all go back to the original template design even after I have made my edits in index.php to change the look and feel of the template. Is there something that I am missing?

thumbsup.gif Forget about the "advertising" above and just read the STS User Manual that came with the free download.

If you would have, you would have noticed that there is a STS Support Thread for asking all questions relating to STS. If you don't bother asking your questions there, you end up either getting no response or the type of help listed above which is not correct.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I understand. Since I also had the same issue where I wasn't getting proper responses, I went for this inbuilt template which is hassle free:)

STS is very well supported so I highly doubt that you didn't get any "proper responses" to STS questions unless you were like the zillion users who don't bother to read the documentation to see where to get "proper support".

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

thumbsup.gif Forget about the "advertising" above and just read the STS User Manual that came with the free download.

If you would have, you would have noticed that there is a STS Support Thread for asking all questions relating to STS. If you don't bother asking your questions there, you end up either getting no response or the type of help listed above which is not correct.

I downloaded the STS manual but was really only looking for the information that I needed which was how to edit the template to make sure it displays the exact template that I am editing on all relevant pages. I did get my answer but not in the manual. I had to edit the sts_template.html as well as index.php.

I downloaded the STS manual but was really only looking for the information that I needed which was how to edit the template to make sure it displays the exact template that I am editing on all relevant pages. I did get my answer but not in the manual. I had to edit the sts_template.html as well as index.php.

Well, all I can say is the information that you needed was in the STS User Manual as well as in the proper STS Support Thread (which is listed in the STS User Manual as well as in my signature tag below).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hello

You should make product_info.php.html and shopping_cart.php.html files on sts template folder with your layout designs.

Hope this will help you.

Thank you

Hello

You should make product_info.php.html and shopping_cart.php.html files on sts template folder with your layout designs.

Hope this will help you.

Thank you

A lot more could be said but the point was to go to the proper STS Support Thread instead of starting a thread such as this. This way, all STS users can benefit from the questions/answers.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

A lot more could be said but the point was to go to the proper STS Support Thread instead of starting a thread such as this. This way, all STS users can benefit from the questions/answers.

Well if someone knows how to move a thread go ahead. I realized there was an STS thread AFTER I posted this. So just move this and all will be fine. And next time I will make sure to read through the entire document before making a post.

Archived