• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please Review My Site! / Development Log

Hi Guys

Please review - www.SportsJewelryShop dot com

I want this thread to serve has a development log and community feedback.

Basically I sell Licensed Team and Sports themed Jewelry, Watches and Gifts. It took me about a year to get up to this point after going through a few programmers and designers. Right now I'm about 90% done with phase 1 which is finalizing all the front end and back end features and SEO modules. The front end design is just a start up design to get the ball rolling. I will post all the mods that have been installed so far and the future mods that are in the works. I've been working with Nick of ActiveEbiz and hes been a great help.

I am looking forward to learning and growing with this great community!

Thanks

PJ

-Installed Features-

Front End Features

-Homepage Slide Show

-Drop Down Menu in Header

-Cascading Menu in left Nav Bar

-Email Collector

-Manual Gift Cards

-Wishlist (glorified tell a friend mod )

-Tell a friend

-Share Function

-Customer Service

-Contact Us

-Shipping Info Page

-RMA Request Form

-Cross Promo Section on the right in the inside pages

-Detailed Product Page

-Related Products

-Recently Viewed Products

-One Page Check Out

-Free Shipping

-Current Projects-

-SEO Modules

These are the current SEO modifications that are being installed

1. seo/sef urls - this gives you urls in your shop with relevant info included..like product name for products .. like category name for categories.

2. meta tags - this gives your site individual and relevant title tags and meta info for all relevant pages at your website.

3. sitemap - this is a page with linbks to all the relevant sections and categories at your page. (This is both fro visitors and search engines)

4. productsmap - this is a page with links to all your products with images.. (Both for search engines and visitors)

5. google xml sitemap . (xml categorymap, manufacturermap and productsmap for google bot/spider)

6. seo tags added + the possibilety of writing category descriptions.......

Hello,

Very nice website, and i would buy from it, but the only thing i would say to change is to put like a light blue backgroud on the headings like "Gift Cards"

Also i like this page and the way you have it positioned,

http://www.sports jewelry shop dot com/14k-gold-enameled-boy-baseball-player-charm-pendant-p-38.html

anyway of you giving any info on how i can get that?

Thank you

that's a good idea! I actually hate the current design right now, I just want to get all the core features and structure all set up then I can have a full overhaul of the design. I had a local graphics designer help me with the layout of the detailed product page, then I had a programmer integrate the design. If you like I can give you his contact info.

pj-

Hi Guys

I ran into a problem with the Free Shipping Module, when a an order triggers the free shipping ($99 and up), the customer cannot upgrade the shipping to expedited or overnight. The Free Shipping is only for standard delivery. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

PJ

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

nice site, but a little bit slow. I don't know what kind of server you running on it, if that is share server, you may consider change to vps. also you may need to look into the performance optimization.

Suggestions:

Install Additional Images Module to reduce image size on your categories browsing page server bandwidth and decreased website loading speed.

Install Easy Populate & Products Attributes to manager your images and product information.

Remove tell your friend functions, you may getting a lot of spam mail later on.

trying to not using banners, it will increased number of queries in each page.

that's it for now.

ken

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for replies!

Importing and Exporting a spreadsheet is pretty much the only way of managing my catalog with the amount of skus I deal with. I'm getting Dynano Effects Check out installed soon, that should be the last big hurdle. I just need to make sure it can handle the features that I need.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Shop security has a hole big enough to sail the Titanic thru.

:o

From what I can see it appears someone may already be using it as a "phishing" site.

:blush:

Visit the link below:

How to Secure Your Site

Pay close attention to "SECURING THE ADMIN" - Yours is vulnerable.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Shop security has a hole big enough to sail the Titanic thru.

:o

I see that too. Not sure if his shop is live but one thing I do now while doing setup and testing is throw a quick .htaccess file on the server to deny all but my own IP address while things could be venerable.

Wayne...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived