• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help installing popup estimated shipping v1.7a

lhuggins

I know nothing about php programing but I thought I could follow line by line instructions to install the shipping estimator, but I must have done something wrong. I get the following errors after following the instructions to install the freight estimator.

Warning: require(includes/functions/estimated_shipping_functions.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/50/5607150/html/catalog/includes/modules/estimated_shipping.php on line 22

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/estimated_shipping_functions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/50/5607150/html/catalog/includes/modules/estimated_shipping.php on line 22

If someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Are you sure you have all files on the server?

Do you have this file in place? includes/functions/estimated_shipping_functions.php

Yes, I have installed it. I thought i double checked but I am checking again.

Edited by lhuggins

Yes, I have installed it. I thought i double checked but I am checking again.

It was not installed, I installed it and double checked the rest of the instructions and I now get a pop up box but no estimated freight costs. It does ask me for a country and zip code but in the lower right corner there is a box with a red X in it. After putting a country and zip code and hitting the submit button I still get no costs.

http://heaterssensorsandcontrols.com/catalog/

It was not installed, I installed it and double checked the rest of the instructions and I now get a pop up box but no estimated freight costs. It does ask me for a country and zip code but in the lower right corner there is a box with a red X in it. After putting a country and zip code and hitting the submit button I still get no costs.

http://heaterssensorsandcontrols.com/catalog/

Strange thing, I have been trying without being logged on, I logged on and it then worked. I logged off and it still works but only on this computer. I go to another computer and it does not work until logged in then it works (and it works after logging out). Does this add on require customer to be logged in, if so it defeats its purpose (for customer to get freight charges without logging in).

The image in the lower right hand corner is m01.11gif but nowhere can I find this image.

I can't find a shipping estimator anywhere on that site. If you can't get this working, I know that this shipping estimator works.

Regards

Jim

Thank you Jim, I did look at that estimator and, as mentioned, I know nothing about programing thus I am scared to run mySQL script (never done it before). To find the freight estimator on my web site add an item to cart then in small type just above the sub total cost is the estimator.

Appreciate your help, if I can overcome the fear of running a mySQL script I think I can install your estimator.

That link was so tiny that I completely missed it. It needs to be bigger, or use a standard-sized button instead. Also, making the customer go to the cart for an estimate is a bit of a problem. The estimator should work from the product page as well. This one doesn't seem to, unless I missed another tiny link.

Writing a shipping estimator for osCommerce is not trivial. A lot of the variables that you need are not set until you get to the checkout pages, and several of them come from classes. Making it work when the customer is not logged in is even harder. There are some subtle issues with PHP that are not in any of the manuals. I did quite a bit of hair-pulling getting that to work. Then it all had to be done over again getting it to work with MVS. Ouch!

There's nothing particularly hazardous about running SQL commands. It's on the same level as changing a PHP file. In fact, your mySQL database is stored in files, so it's really the same thing. As always, back up your database (and your files) before making any change like this. Then you can always back down to the unmodified version if it all goes pear-shaped.

Ask any questions here if you run into something you don't understand.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I installed MVS shipping cost estimator and it works but needs some refinement. Before a zip code is entered there are two copies of the estimator in the pop up window, after a zip code is entered there is only one. I can not find where to add an image for HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_SHIPPING_ADDRESS, or TEXT_RESET_EXPLAIN. I get this fatal error;Fatal error but it still works: Cannot redeclare class ups in /home/content/50/5607150/html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/ups.php on line 22.

http://www.heaterssensorsandcontrols.com/catalog/index.php

It asppears that a couple of files got left out of the latest version. I'll have to fix that. for now, here is catalog/includes/languages/english/products_ship_estimator.php

<?php
/*
 $Id: products_ship_estimator.php,v 1.1 2008/03/04 kymation Exp $
 $Loc: catalog/includes/languages/english/

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2008 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('TITLE', 'Shipping Estimator');
define('TITLE_SHIPPING_ADDRESS', 'Shipping Address:');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Shipping Estimator');
define('HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Products');
define('HEADING_SHIPPING_ADDRESS', 'Shipping Address');

define('TEXT_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Methods Available:');
define('TEXT_AVAILABLE_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Shipping Options available:');
define('TEXT_RESET_EXPLAIN', 'Click the "Change Address" button to enter a different shipping destination.');
define('TEXT_CHOOSE_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Shipping times do not include weekends, holidays, or handling time.  <br>Please allow an additional one or two days for handling.<br><br>');
define('TEXT_MULTIPLE_SHIPPING_METHODS', 'Some products will be shipped from different locations.');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS', 'Products');
define('TEXT_ENTER_SHIPPING_INFORMATION', 'This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.');
define('TEXT_CLOSE_WINDOW', '[CLOSE WINDOW]');
define('TEXT_CART_EMPTY', 'Currently there are no products in your Shopping Cart to estimate. 
                            <br><br>Please close this window and add products to your Shopping Cart. 
                            <br><br>Note: You do not need to log in to add items to a Shopping Cart.');
define('TEXT_OUT_OF_STOCK', 'The item you have selected is currently out of stock. 
                            Please close this window and select another product.');
define('TEXT_PRODUCT_NOT_FOUND', 'Error: Product was not found. Please close this window and try again.');

define('ERROR_SHIPPOSTCODE', 'Error: You must provide a postal code to ship to.');
define('ERROR_SHIPZONE', 'Error: You must provide a state/province to ship to.');
define('ERROR_SHIPCOUNTRY', 'Error: You must provide a country to ship to.');

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_RESET_FORM', 'Click to change your shipping destination');
define('IMAGE_BUTTON_PROCESS_QUOTE', 'Click to get a shipping quote');

?>

and here is catalog/includes/languages/english/ship_estimator.php

<?php
/*
 $Id: ship_estimator.php,v 2.1 2008/03/04 kymation Exp $
 $Loc: catalog/includes/languages/english/

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2008 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('TITLE', 'Shipping Estimator');
define('TITLE_SHIPPING_ADDRESS', 'Shipping Address:');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Shipping Estimator');
define('HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Products');
define('HEADING_SHIPPING_ADDRESS', 'Shipping Address');

define('TEXT_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Methods Available:');
define('TEXT_AVAILABLE_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Shipping Options available:');
define('TEXT_RESET_EXPLAIN', 'Click the "Change Address" button to enter a different shipping destination.');
define('TEXT_CHOOSE_SHIPPING_METHOD', 'Shipping times do not include weekends, holidays, or handling time.  <br>Please allow an additional one or two days for handling.<br><br>');
define('TEXT_MULTIPLE_SHIPPING_METHODS', 'Some products will be shipped from different locations.');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS', 'Products');
define('TEXT_ENTER_SHIPPING_INFORMATION', 'This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.');
define('TEXT_CLOSE_WINDOW', '[CLOSE WINDOW]');
define('TEXT_CART_EMPTY', 'Currently there are no products in your Shopping Cart to estimate. 
                            <br><br>Please close this window and add products to your Shopping Cart. 
                            <br><br>Note: You do not need to log in to add items to a Shopping Cart.');
define('TEXT_OUT_OF_STOCK', 'The item you have selected is currently out of stock. 
                            Please close this window and select another product.');

define('ERROR_SHIPPOSTCODE', 'Error: You must provide a postal code to ship to.');
define('ERROR_SHIPZONE', 'Error: You must provide a state/province to ship to.');
define('ERROR_SHIPCOUNTRY', 'Error: You must provide a country to ship to.');

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_RESET_FORM', 'Click to change your shipping destination');
define('IMAGE_BUTTON_PROCESS_QUOTE', 'Click to get a shipping quote');
?>

I don't understand why it is showing the popup twice. Did you upload the new files from the distribution without changes? If you did, try adding the following to the bottom of catalog/includes/application_top.php:

define ('SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING', 'false')

The UPS error indicates that the UPS module has not been installed correctly. You can just remove the file if you aren't using it. If you are, try uploading the files again, and be careful to put them in the right places.

Let me know how this works.

Regards

Jim

Jim, THAT DID IT, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I could not find the catalog/includes/languages/ship_estimator (or products_ship_estimator) so I uploaded the php file in catalog/... to the languages/... After your reply I modified the two files in includes/languages/.... and that fixed it. Apartenly my UPS shipping module does not get estimated ship time so that does not show up but I can live with that.

Thanks again,

Leigh

Thanks for pointing out the problem. I'll fix the errors and upload a new version.

The UPS XML module will give you estimated shipping time, but it requires you to get a password from UPS. It also uses a newer interface that is better supported by UPS.

Regards

Jim

• 2 months later...

Thanks for pointing out the problem. I'll fix the errors and upload a new version.

The UPS XML module will give you estimated shipping time, but it requires you to get a password from UPS. It also uses a newer interface that is better supported by UPS.

Regards

Jim

i have just installed v2.2.2. and the popup window works. However, no matter what post code i put in, the estimated shipping cost is always the same. i use Table Rate for my shipping costs (based on $ value). The Estimator is always showing the lowest shipping cost value listed in the table. It is not picking up the different rates. Not sure why this is happening.

The other problem is (and keep in mind i am in Australia, where we have 10% Goods & Services Tax (GST) on our items), that whilst the lowest shipping cost table value is being shown, it is showing without GST included (eg: $18.18 instead of $20.00) - i need it to show inclusive of GST - eg: $20.00 instead of $18.18. When i list the shipping values in the Table Rate, i have to list them as GST exclusive (eg: $18.18 instead of $20.00) - this way, when the customer goes to the checkout it is shown as GST inclusive ($20.00).

I hope this is not too confusing. basically i need the shipping estimator to show shipping cost inclusive of the 10% GST.

Any ideas are greatfully appreciated.

P.S - i have set the Admin->Configuration->Shipping/Packaging->User Zones to false.

Thanks

Richard

• 2 years later...

Regards

Jim

Jim,

Great work here. I have installed the latest version on a site. However I don't have MVS installed, and for the most part it still works.

on products_ship_estimator.php I had to comment out the require last_modified.php line for it to work from the product info page.

Also is there a way to require it to ask for the state-province. The reason I ask is I get a ton of emails from usps saying error state does not match zipcode since I installed this add-on.

From the original version the example given at http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop requires the state to be given and even has an option for residential or commercial.

The site I installed it on is http://absolutelyscooterparts.net/catalog it is 2.2rcsomething