• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contribution Request: Manual Order Entry

ActiveTuning

hey guys most of it works, except the blacklisting area which he said

so they are getting closer to version 1.0 ;)

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can help us contribute to this module by writing a logical step by step instructions to install this mod.

we did a 4 steps install.txt document but obviously it does not seem to be clear or logical.

thus if you have time take one hour to write install instruction from your point of view. we would be interested to see how you would explain the install in your words and see if others understand it.

Since we are all day in the module it may be now too difficult for us to write objectively and think about questions people might have.

Well i would quite gladly do this for you, but unfortuantely it would not work for me, i used the right version, but it messed up my auto login mod I had put on. The admin part doesn't work for me either.

That's what I would expect. I tried to tell you guys that this contribution won't work well with other contributions htat you have already installed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Again.

This module is INDEPENDENT. this module use OUR TABLES and this module use OUR templates.

we did NOT modify ANY LOGIN TEMPLATES in the catalog. we just made a COPY oif the CORE APPLICATION and modified the COPY to login with a key instead of a paswword . no data is saved in core application tables !!!!!!

all data in the module is saved in OUR NEW TABLES .!!!!!!!

thus wizard STOP saying things which are INCORRECT. you are wrong all templates copied in the catalog directories Are COPY of core application templates renamed . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burt,

Yeah, currently when a customer calls over the phone, I create an account for them through the catalog l'crreate an account' interface, and then I collect their account numbers, and I check the customer out on the shop by useing hte check/money order payment method. Not the easiest orf routes.

P & G - I am sorry to inform you that your contribution does in fact confilct with other contributions. Many in fact. Your contribution is *very* elaborate, and covers many different areas. I htink you have a great contribution, but I think it should only be installed on OSC before any other contributions are installed.

I understand you have moved all of the variables into that DB, and I understand you have attempted to segregate this contribution fro mthe core OSC, however it still must interact with the core OSC, and here is where , if the user has certain contributions installed, they will have difficulty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Burt,

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. And in fact, there is a contribution called "Order Update Tool" that comes very close already.

Not sure how much work would go into being able to add a customer and add an order through it, but it's probably a great place to start.

Burt,

Yeah, currently when a customer calls over the phone, I create an account for them through the catalog l'crreate an account'  interface, and then I collect their account numbers, and I check the customer out on the shop by useing hte check/money order payment method. Not the easiest orf routes.

My thought would be a self contained page within Admin, basically containing all of the steps for teh catalog>checkout procedure but all in one page.

Press update - wham - customer entered, products ordered entered, payment details entered. Done. Could be useful, as I do the same as you - go through checkout (we get monthly repeat orders) and then print off an Invoice and send.

I'll look into doing something.

Burt, thats exactly what I was hoping to get!! Hope you (or someone) can do it!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I am too interested in such a mod. Actually, last night, one of my customer paid it through moneybookers.com and due to a bug in the moneybookers.com module, there were no orders placed. The payment procedure was completed by client. Now i need to manually add the order into her account. How do i go about it? I beleive i m posting at the right place.

Any help here would be highly appreciable.

BTW it was very dishearting to see some post by fellow Osc. users in this thread. We need to see from evert aspect.

Regards,

Jack

again some mistakes in my above post.

I meant,

"BTW it was very disheartning to see some post by fellow Osc. users in this thread. We need to see things from every angle and aspect.

Can anybody tell me how can i edit my post??

Regards,

Jack

I have only read a couple pages of this 7 page post, but I did want to state, that I have a Dec 2002 HEAVILY moded system in place and i did SUCCESSFULLY install one of the versions of this contrib -I think it was .6 or .6b - I believe I had done 1 or updates but have not added .7 or .8. Everything has been worknig well - yes it took sometime, but the install went quite smoothly. I am going to try it next on an MS1 version and see how that goes.

I would be more than happy to assist with the install text if the request is still open. Just PM me and let me know. I haven't gotten into the latest version yet, but I assume (usually a problem) that if I installed the original okay, the upgrade should be similar.

Just wanted others to know. Again, everyone here is mentioning that the system is GREAT!!!! Some modules however are just a little more complicated than others.

Just my 2 cents.

DO NOT download zip file fromn OSC contribution site.

our module is near the 300 k limit and most of the time file is corrupted.

go to our test site to download latest version as well as bug fixes

in order to download our latest version , you need to go to our test server at

http://64.255.9.69/oscdownload/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks.

I swear if i could code ide make a simple edit order mod.

Would have to deal with the current status of the order too.

If the order's payment is pending then he/she may add or request a addition or change.

If the buyer has already made payment but the order is in proccessing status you may have the option to edit it if its still not shipped out.

I think this can be done without altering many of the osc files.

Maybe making a new folder/directory called "order status" in the sdmin directory would be ok since it would be connected to the orders.php and orders_status.php.

Simple new window (popup or not) to get the order of the customer and apply the additions or any changes.

Would have to have a recalculator like in the checkout but with certain current order status recalculation (in the admin side) thing and an auto update itself to the customer's order status side with total difference pending.

Buyer will have to make a revisit to the order comfirmation screen on checkout to comfirm his/her order.

This would be absolutly perfect to have.

To bad i cant write something like this.

• 5 months later...

P& G Shipping Module + Manual Entry V0.3

This is a desperate cry for help!!!!

I have installed this fine EXCEPT .....

When I click on "Create Order under NEW account name" A new window comes up ... but it's BLANK in the middle of the page (is it suppose to be?) , it just says "my account information". The top logo is there, menu on the left, etc... but the middle of the page is blank. So I tried clicking on "create account" just below the top logo and I get this message....."Secure key is not valid - You can not use this screen."

Anyone know what Im doing wrong?

Sever is Linux. Im using IE 5.0, Windows 98.

Thank You

Tammy

• 3 weeks later...

I have put together a Simple Manual Order Entry mod. If anyone wants to test this and give me some feedback on the functionality and documentation before I submit it as a contribution that would be great.

"Simple Manual Order Entry" allows the manual entry of telephone or mail order entries into your osCommerce store.

It provides for both the searching of existing customers (by surname, phone number, or email) and also a link to facilitate adding a new customer. Once the desired customer has been located or added you can enter the products into that customers shopping cart and go through the checkout process for them - effectively entering an order for them.

See here for details:

http://watch.oscommerce.co.nz/buzz.php?buzz_id=90

OK what did I do wrong?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /homepages/45/d88208047/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /homepages/45/d88208047/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

Thanks for your help.

• 10 months later...
I have put together a Simple Manual Order Entry mod. If anyone wants to test this and give me some feedback on the functionality and documentation before I submit it as a contribution that would be great.

"Simple Manual Order Entry" allows the manual entry of telephone or mail order entries into your osCommerce store.

It provides for both the searching of existing customers (by surname, phone number, or email) and also a link to facilitate adding a new customer. Once the desired customer has been located or added you can enter the products into that customers shopping cart and go through the checkout process for them - effectively entering an order for them.

See here for details:

http://watch.oscommerce.co.nz/buzz.php?buzz_id=90

This is a handy mod and it installed successfully. Can you tell me how to add my site URL to the account creation e-mail to send out. I know the file to amend but not how to add the code so that it complies. I planned on adding it after the line with username and password.

Your help would be appreciated.

• 5 months later...

I used the Simple Manual Order Contribution for a while and it worked OK, except that I kept getting an error message when I hit add to cart. Not too serious, I found a way around it and kept using it. We have an online shop and an actual store, so I was using it mostly for quickly creating an order for what we call "Direct Sales" (instead of searching through all the Product Categories)

Anyways, I figured out a way to integrate the Simple Manual Order Contribution with my online store, so that customers can list all the products and simply enter the quantities for each product to place an order.

Simply link directly to admin_list_products.php from your main page. You can use any of the left or right navigation boxes. I added this to my Categories box (includes/boxes/categories.php) at the end of the file right above [new infoBox($info_box_contents);]

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link('admin_list_products.php') . '">' . 'List Everything!' . '</a><br>');

If you click on the link it will list your entire online catalog (if you set LARGE PRODUCT CATALOG to false in configure_simple_order_entry.php)

NB: If you have a large number of product in your catalog then this page could take a while to load.

• 4 months later...

Does anybody know how to apply the Split Page Results Class to the admin_list_products.php file for the contribution?

I tried a few variations, but I just can't get it to work.