• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contribution Request: Manual Order Entry

ActiveTuning

Hello

yes what we did was to transfer all variables necessary for the module

in 2 tables

-> one for config info: define filename, define table...

-> one for all language translations

this way whenever we do an upgrade , you will just have to copy templates as usual in different directories but you will no longer have to edit files like

application_top, configure, english.php......

you will just have to run the latest sql script included in the zip file . this sql script will have all records to be uploaded in the 2 new tables. (records will contain all "Define" variables necessary for the particular module

we do not see any degradation of performance and we avoid to define a lot of variables in application_top.php which are not used all the time and still

all pages in osc call the application_top.php at every page.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little apprehensive of installing the new version palmsand gardens. Although I love the contrib and, frankly, being extremely new to php got the old version working on the first try. I can honestly say there are other contribs with much less file and coe changes that Istill have yet to get working. This is definitly not a contrib to be afraid of.

It helps me a great deal on auctions and order corrections. I had 3 cusomters in one day contact me to correct their order. Before I had to delete the order and have them re-enter it. Not a good solution when a vistors attention span is about the width of a split atom, and other sites out there with many of the same products that I am competeing against.

I say way to go on this contrib, and encourage users (newbies and pros alike) to install this contrib as it eases many problems that are otherwise way too time consuming to deal with any other way.

Thanks Again

Brandon Stewart

One slight thing that I did forget to mention and maybe you could help me with it.....

when I go to the process shipping page from the orders link I have to refresh for the items in the order to appear onthe page.

Any suggestions palmsandgardens?

Thanks

Brandon Stewart

One slight thing that I did forget to mention and maybe you could help me with it.....

when I go to the process shipping page from the orders link I have to refresh for the items in the order to appear onthe page.  

Any suggestions palmsandgardens?

Thanks

Brandon Stewart

go check your version information that you've used and recheck ALL the code that you have implemented.

Sorry but that's the only way, you have the data in which file this happens so start to look there first.

Sometimes we ppl get lucky by using our brains (but not yet at 8 AM...lol)

Need more coffee...

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

will there be a new release of this contribution or could you please email me the latest, since it is to large to include in the download section at contributions?

Thanks in advance

this is towards the guys from palms and gardens:

hey guys I really have the feeling that you overdo it a bit with all your contributions.

Most of the stuff developped by you guys really is very buggy or doesn?t work at all. (newsletter, manual order etc.) Besides the identical downloads are spreaded all over the download area under different names. this is not good and helps nobody.

You have good ideas and see where there is need for a new contribution but the actual implementation is not a big help for most of us. also for involvement into future OSC versions I doubt that your contributions will be used, because they?re always just a bit off.

One of the problems I have the feeling you should be thinking of is doing your future (or current) conttributions is working a bit more modularily, meaning going at a project step by step, when it?s finished, upload it and then start the next part of the thing.

e.g. your manual order thingy is just way to complex to install, and to find out after taking two hours of installing it that it doesn?t work makes people angry and confused. people just need a script to enter a new order and all the other functions are not bad but are not needed. these could be packed into another contribution or seven so to say.

alex

this is towards the guys from palms and gardens:

hey guys I really have the feeling that you overdo it a bit with all your contributions.

Most of the stuff developped by you guys really is very buggy or doesn?t work at all. (newsletter, manual order etc.) Besides the identical downloads are spreaded all over the download area under different names. this is not good and helps nobody.

You have good ideas and see where there is need for a new contribution but the actual implementation is not a big help for most of us. also for involvement into future OSC versions I doubt that your contributions will be used, because they?re always just a bit off.

One of the problems I have the feeling you should be thinking of is doing your future (or current) conttributions is working a bit more modularily, meaning going at a project step by step, when it?s finished, upload it and then start the next part of the thing.

e.g. your manual order thingy is just way to complex to install, and to find out after taking two hours of installing it that it doesn?t work makes people angry and confused. people just need a script to enter a new order and all the other functions are not bad but are not needed. these could be packed into another contribution or seven so to say.

alex

I think that you are totally out of order!! - Plams And Gardens do a great job with their mods - AND THEY ALWAYS WORK - The install is a bit complex, but if you read this topic you will found out that they are making a new version this inute which is easier to install!

Please give repsect to their mods - As for something like this - you would expect to pay ?400, $700 to get it done, however, they supply it for free!!

Warren

PS - Palms and Gardens - When will the new version be ready?

Not to take sides but because my OSC that I inherited from a previous developer has been altered beyond recognition I would prefer just a manual order entry. All of the orders in this OSC gets batched to a fulfillment house so a lot of the features are not needed.

We posted this weekend version v0.8 .

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,955

We think we cleared all litle bugs remaining.

However let us know if you encounter any problems.

Changes v 0.8

-------------

1. The release v 0.8 introduce a major change

All tables, filenames definitions and translations are now saved in 2 tables.

You no longer have to edit files in the application in order to add new filenames or tables definitions

or edit each translation file.

2. an admin screen is provided to change translations or popup help info

3. You can now print sales conditions on your invoices.

-> you just need to add your sales conditions text to a new field in contact info admin screen

-> enable or disable printing of sales conditions on invoice in template admin

4. Fixed bugs in catalog/ order history and invoice

-> orders are now shown even if shipping process is not started.

-> shows correct amount if you modified order amount & shipping cost in admin.

5. Fixed bugs in admin/ print invoices

-> shows correct amount if you modified order amount & shipping cost in admin.

6. Entered more info on the popup help screens.

7. Added page comments admin screen

(Test in MS1 but can be cut and pasted in any version since it is only comment field shown)

** You need to add the extras files in zip to be able to use the admin screen

Basically we added comment fields to main store pages

product_info

shopping cart

payment

shipping.....

This modules allows you to modify comments appearing on the page directly from this screen.

you have the possibility to enable or disable the comment on a specific page with the red or green icon

Comments can be specific information to explain what client can do or explain shipping infos or payment infos

PS: to answer to a previous comment. we use this ;odule daily , thus we think most of the bugs are cleared rapidly and we alway use module at least one week on our live stores before packaging it and offering it to osc .

We do not believe the module does not work as we use it every day in our stores.

A LOAD OF CRAP!!!

I have never seen such poor instriuctions to install...

'Test' Server does not work...

Files were missing...

Allsorts were wrong...

2.2CVS Version Missing....

3 Hours work and a months waiting donw the drain!!!

Sorry PG - Youve let us down this time

Warren

:(

and all we wanted was a simple little script to allow us to manually add an order.

:(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

boy am I glad I came back to take a look - I dl'd the file and then read the read me and it said to go to their site to dl something, but your cant access their site, and then i see the two comments above..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

glad I didnt waste me time installing this 8)

A LOAD OF CRAP!!!

Files were missing...

Allsorts were wrong...

Warren

I think it's time for you to consider to use something else or to start to create such a contribution yourself.

Do you have ANY idea how much time there ONLY goes into making it available for other osC users ?

And then i even haven't talked about the time to develop it, upgrading it every time FOR THIS AWESOME COMMUNITY

Since you haven't paid 1 cent for it, i think you should keep your mouth shut.

These people are trying to make it work for all the community.

Start pointing out what kinda errors you got and talk like a human being.

This is GPL etc.. feel free to create you own so wanted contributions and then start making it ready for everyone whatever snapshot/version they use, then we can talk like human beings.

I havn't tried this version from P & G yet but I KNOW from experience how much time it takes since i am a programmer too...

Anyway keep it coming P & G, you got my respect !!!

Bugs are there to be found by others, but with a few nice words you get more and especialy sooner an answer

my 2 cents

that's a joke i hope, that is only a little piece of the time used to make it only ready for US

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

I totaly agree with you,

OkayM.

First what version of OSC are you using ?

go to http://64.255.9.69/oscdownload/

get the latest zip there.

Our zip file is almost 300k and when uploading to OSC contribution it gets corrupted 50% of the time.

read the instructions for the version to be used

we have 2 sets of install text : one for new versions and one for users who already have a prior version of our module installed

Remember it is free!!!!

If you want a version with bugs but PAYING for software & support buy Microsoft software

A LOAD OF CRAP!!!

Files were missing...

Allsorts were wrong...

Warren

I think it's time for you to consider to use something else or to start to create such a contribution yourself.

Do you have ANY idea how much time there ONLY goes into making it available for other osC users ?

And then i even haven't talked about the time to develop it, upgrading it every time FOR THIS AWESOME COMMUNITY

This is GPL etc.. feel free to create you own so wanted contributions and then start making it ready for everyone whatever snapshot/version they use, then we can talk like human beings.

I havn't tried this version from P & G yet but I KNOW from experience how much time it takes since i am a programmer too...

Anyway keep it coming P & G, you got my respect !!!

Bugs are there to be found by others, but with a few nice words you get more and especialy sooner an answer

my 2 cents

that's a joke i hope, that is only a little piece of the time used to make it only ready for US

Hi All,

Sorry, I was a bit out of order, it was three o'clock in the morning and I wanted to go to bed...

Sorry once again :oops:

Warren

PS P&G Keep up the good work

This sounds so great I really wanted to install, I have installed so many mods with no problems at all, some people's instructions were a bit hard to follow, but all went in with little effort.

But these instructions were near impossible, you need to do a proper step by step guide. Yes I understand it's complex, but it's not even logical.

Don't ge me wrong it's easy for me to sit here and as many people have said, not pay cent and sit here and complain, P&G obviously has put a lot of effort into this and I appreciate that. I just think it's a shame to spoil a great mod with next to useless instructions, I know they say we can contact them, but I feel bad bothering people all the time for a free contrib. I like to work through a mod step by step and get it working first time.

Please P&G do yourselves justice and put simple idiot proof step by step instructions.

I apologise in advance for any offense caused

Nev

Also, keep in mind, that because of the complexity of this mod, if you have several other mods installed, there is a good chance that they won't work well together.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.