• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Display 1 category of items on home page

Hello all.. I was wondering if any knows of a mod or just a simple code mod that would display a specific category items on the main page of the site instead of the newest items?

thanks in advance

Scott

• 1 month later...

yep ther is a simple way and it work 2:) I have tried it by just copy paste the whole text inserted by Carine Bruyndoncx in Belgium (greetings:)

Here is the link: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/270477-microsite-display-certain-products-on-front-page/

PS: let us know if it works or please put in your original code. Thanks

Here is the original code i replaced (with positive result) in new_products.php. Although the code originally looks a little diffrent and i am afraid that just do like i tried. I woulf like to know what is diffrent in my code compared to origninal OSC (i have a template layout in the base). If we can figure out this ill be smiling even more:)

$new_products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . (MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS));

Just replace the id 22 with the id if the category you want to use (u can hover the category link to see the number. cheers

//stefan

Enjoy life!

//Stefan