• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Your Opinion!!

Hello Fellow osCommerce'rs :D

I am putting a store together and am looking for your opinion!

I am very aware there are things to be worked such as aligning, font colors, etc...

But overall, what do you think? :?

Thanks,

I don't understand why you are using a poll for this.... you only get an indication where with written comments you get valueable advise, tailored to your site...

just my .02 cts.

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Emerson,

I like your box headers and footers. Nice graphics.

When viewing with NS7 your Developers drop down box is whacked out instead of being only 1 line tall it is about 8 lines tall.

Now, this is probably going to sound strange and please don't take this wrong. I absolutely love OSC and love seeing it being used but, if I was going to buy a template, I would want to see that the templates look good on the site I'm buying from... In other words, I wouldn't buy FP templates from a site that wasn't designed with them. JMHO

Hello Kim,

Thank you for your input, really appreciate it :D

I see what you mean about the dropdown, same is happening when viewing it with NS6.

Now....

I wouldn't buy FP templates from a site that wasn't designed with them

I hate to tell you but any changes that has been made to that store, was made using frontpage. I have set Frontpage to open php files and it works fine. Once in a blue moon it corrupts the code but nothing that can't be fixed with little effort.

One good exemple of that is the dropdown mentioned above, somehow when I saved the changes, FP added a height attribute to the box and thats why it looks like that in NS.

Anyways, your input has been very helpful :D

Thank You!

Can you remove it??  :D

Yes, just did that

Any more opinions, criticism, ideas?

"Don't bump" comes to mind ;)

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

How did you do that with your info boxes?

Hi Ashlyn,

To do that with the boxes I used this contribution...

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,867

It comes with the necessary files and images to make it work.

You'll have to replace the images with your own.

Make sure to back up your files before doing anything and FOLLOW the instructions it comes with!

Good Luck ;)

Archived