• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Australian Store

Giddday,

I just launched my first oscommerce site, took a long time as i stuffed up some contributions so its based on ian's loaded download with the affiliate contribution.

Web site address is http://www.australiaonlineproducts.com, the site sells Mainly sheepskin products - Just what a cold Northern Hemisphere needs at present. Products include, Lambswool rugs or throws, Ugg boots, mocassins, slippers, fashion boots, horse riding sheepskin products, Kangaroo Skins and jackets.

Over the next week or so i will add babies slippers, baby's mats, medical rugs, aboriginal products, and other sheepskin products and reword some of the sales spiel, and text.

Can i have your feedback on all parts of the website .

http://www.australiaonlineproducts.com

have a great day

Ian

First thing I would be doing is losing the animated gif that you have in the top left where a logo would normally be. Aside from being annoying and not giving any indication as to the companies name/business/purpose, it is 269k which is about 20 times larger than a normal header logo should be.

Other than that the rest of the site looks to be a nicely done standard osc installation. Well done!

Hi

Just joined tonight and checked your site out first.

I'd lenghten the banner and add a home button which I couldn't find.

who do you use for e-commerce transaction in Australia.

regards

Max

I think the site is a bit too close to the original osC layout. It needs some

coloring... personally I don't think bright blue sort of captures the feeling of typical Aussie products. Blue is cool. Australia is hot. Sand colors and greens, natural color scheme's would be better IMO

http://www.australiaonlineproducts.com/1/c.../products_id/45

...I feel sorry for Skippy :D

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

All that sheepskin, you sure you're not a kiwi? :shock:

Just kidding. It looks great..

Good luck.

-------------------------------------------------------

I used to be insane, but now I'm just nuts ;)

Apparently the biggest importer of untreated (untanned) Australian sheepskins is New Zealand.

thanks for the feedback, i am working through it slowly.

cheers

your site looks cool! Simple and nice. I would get rid of showing the number of items in category listings. I would also change the introductory text, may be make it shorter and in a more lively font color. By the way, how did you do it so that discounted price shows up next to crossed out original price? Did you put everything under specials?

Thanks for the feedback, we are working through it (slowly) .

The items entered as specials show with the red line thro the price.

Not sure how to remove the numbers of items in the products listing (yet!),

WOrking on the colors.

Don't have any canetoad products, but could make a kangaroo bag if you had a picture/ sketch of one. We will give most things a go if the sewers have time.

Thanks for your comments

Ian

Nice site. One thing Id recommend is to get rid of the standard OSC images. There are some good image mods in the contributes section. Also, to get rid of the number in the categories listing, I just edited the catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php around line 48 :

if (SHOW_COUNTS == 'true') {

etc....

change true to false and it takes out the numbers.

David Gibb

Depending on the snapshot, these are either in the application_top.php or in the Admin ... Configuration area:

// Categories Box: recursive products count

define('SHOW_COUNTS', 'true'); // show category count: true=Yes False=No

define('USE_RECURSIVE_COUNT', 'true'); // recursive count: true=Yes False=No

hello, Thanks for the comments, fixed the counts on products , i will look at making some suitable images soon, and am playing with colors on another site to see what is best.

More feedback welcome, and orders. :)

have a great day

Archived