• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommere v3 store

Jon86

I've taken Alpha5 + (most recent work done on GitHub) And because our store requires the ability for customers to purchase without registering an account. I've done the checkout process from scratch. Basically I finally got a chance to implement a checkout the way I think it should be done. The store has also been successfully integrated with 3D Secure (which is supposedly not so great according to this: http://www.v3.co.uk/v3/news/2256859/secure-slammed-insecure)

http://www.tradeboilers.com

So opinions are welcome.

Note this is a live store, just in-case anyone was thinking of test buying something!

Hi Jon,

Under this sites policy, we can not give feedback unless your store states 'Powered by Oscommerce' in the footer. However, if that is V3.0, then you are one of the few that have successfully managed a working cart using that software. I hope you are well versed in the code and structure because I believe it is going to change dramatically with the next release.

Chris

I will add that tomorrow when I get into the office! I have been following the development for a while on GitHub while getting to know the underlying code. Not had much time to actually help unfortunately, as I've had to do this.

Version 3 is REALLY well written. For example I had no problem linking this custom checkout process with the existing order management system! Anyway cheers Chris for letting me know what I need to do.

Ok 'Powered by osCommerce' is in the footer and links to this website. The only tell-tail sign of the default installation is when you look at the product listing. If you were to look at the Flues category for example its almost the same as the default product listing except theirs a little green thrown in to match the look of the site.

I have also added to option to switch between this standard product listing and a 'grid view' comments on this option are also welcome.

Fairly standard osCommerce layout, but looks good.

Reload the grid view using javascript rather than a full page load.

No point having paging if there is only 1 page of results.

No point having the breadcrumb where it is (in the products.php page).

Checkout is nicely done.

Reload the grid view using javascript rather than a full page load.

No point having paging if there is only 1 page of results.

No point having the breadcrumb where it is (in the products.php page).

Checkout is nicely done.

I had thought about using Javascript but the list view is table based and the grid view uses CSS to position elements. So its a pain the arse to implement at short notice. Your other points make sense, and I didn't even consider that.

Cheers Burt!

"I had thought about using Javascript but the list view is table based and the grid view uses CSS to position elements."

Makes no difference => you are only using .ajax to load in either "this" or "that". This/that can be anything...

It would make a real difference to how the site feels in my opinion.

It really is taking the time to make sure what's loaded in is built up properly. Time I don't have at the moment as other things are taking priority. If the default product listing used CSS to position the data instead of a table, then it would just be a case of switching the classes the elements use instead of rebuilding the content. But I will defiantly do this if I have time to come back to it.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Jon86,

great work on implementing a pwa in osCommerce v3.

I need to make this happen on my own v3 store.

I knew well the code for osC2.2, but now I'm out of date with v3.

So could you give me some tips?

Did you base your work on any existing v2.2 contribution?

PWA, Checkout Redux, OnePage Checkout, ... ?

Are you releasing this development as a v3 community contribution?

thanks, cheers, rui

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks,

This was based on v3 but uses the code that can be forked from Github. Not the version of the v3 code that you can download from the site. So you will need to make a Github account and fork the project. This will give you a much nicer admin area.

I basically traced through the checkout process manually to see how it worked and what files it used. After working with the code for a while you can figure out how to construct a basic page and how the URL parameters work etc etc.

I didn't make a module or anything complete that I can release just yet (unfortunately) What I have done is basically replace the pages that make the normal checkout with my own. I kept the variables and field names the same so I could link it with the existing orders module. "PWA, Checkout Redux, OnePage Checkout" this is all done by simply bypassing the default checkout and linking to my own files in the template. And its easy enough to combine some of the steps into one page.

Basically instead of having it spread out, you can combine the forms. If I get time to finish this off properly I will release it as a module or a mod. But that is still a long way off. As I'm not always working on this site and just needed to get it up and running asap.

Archived