• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Any alternative sites to TemplateMonster?

moezbud

I have installed a working version of oscommerce, but my partner wants it to be alot "prettier". I really don't have the time to install and learn STS and am at the point where I just want to pay to have it done...

I've checked out templatemonseter to see what they offer and found several templates that would work. After coming back here and reading reviews on templatemonster quality, I am sufficiently scared off now.

I've contacted an osCommerce programmer that I found over the internet, and he said to find templates that are based on BTS.

I've been googling BTS osCommerce templates and coming up empty.... Does anyone know any good sites with good templates that are based on BTS that they could recommend?

Thanks!

templatemonseter are a very very bad choice, they create templates by severly hacking the osC code so its hard to change, they will not support & just refer myou here, but we cant help as the code is so badly hacked.

Most templates are based on old osC2.2MS2 code, which is now outdated & insecure, only gety a template that is osC2.2rc2a or better (osC2.2rc3 is in pre-release)

Your best bet is only get templates where support is provided & they have regular updates, but most do niether.

You could look at some templating add-ons, there is STS or BTS if you know some codeing.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

templatemonseter are a very very bad choice, they create templates by severly hacking the osC code so its hard to change, they will not support & just refer myou here, but we cant help as the code is so badly hacked.

Most templates are based on old osC2.2MS2 code, which is now outdated & insecure, only gety a template that is osC2.2rc2a or better (osC2.2rc3 is in pre-release)

Your best bet is only get templates where support is provided & they have regular updates, but most do niether.

You could look at some templating add-ons, there is STS or BTS if you know some codeing.

Thank you for the response, Spooks. Yes, I have pretty much come to the conclusion that template monster is not the direction that I want to go.

While I am confident that I could figure out STS or BTS in time, time is now of the essense for me and I really don't have the time to deal with the learning curve. I am just looking for a template site that is built upon one of these add-ons that I can get installed by a contract programmer.

I can take over the long-term maintenance and tweaking of the site after that, but I just need to get my site up, running and pretty in short order.

Thanks for your input!

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen some sites that sell OSC templates and in the "details" section of the templates it says "oscommerce 2.2rc2a" so I'm guessing the template is using the new 2.2rc2a code and not the "milestone" oscommerce code right? I found a template that I really like and I'm pretty good with the customizations but if the code is all screwed up I'll just leave it alone.

If you buy from Templatemonster or other template providers as others have mentioned, always check for the oscommerce version used and only choose a template which uses the latest oscommerce version. At this time that is 2.2RC2a.

Algozone also have some nice looking oscommerce templates.

Edited by toyicebear

• 1 year later...