Sign in to follow this  
Naloomi

SEO URL's WITHOUT .htaccess ?

Is there a contribution that allows a store to get SEO URL's without using the .htaccess file?

One of the store's I manage does not allow the use of that file (ie, their server does not allow it).

I've tried several of the contributions, but they all seem to utilize the .htaccess file. I've tried the 'built in & under development' SES URL that comes with osC, but I get blank pages when trying to use it.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Naloomi

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media , can be used without htaccess

Without .htaccess will give this style urls

WWW.YOURSHOPSURL.COM/product_info.php/product-name-p-1

With .htaccess will give this style:

WWW.YOURSHOPSURL.COM/product-name-p-1.html

Yeah, I've looked at that one, but it requires PHP 5+ . The server in question has not updated beyond PHP 4.3.11

Naloomi

There is another version that Chemo created before the Ultimate SEO urls but is highly not recommended, Thus leaving the only option of .htaccess.

Sorry

Eric

Keep up on osCommerce changes and updates at

Github | Understand osCommerce a little further at OsCommerce Documentation | Copy and paste your error message in Google add "in osCommerce" at the end to get relevant answers to most issues.

I have had a coder add SEO and now the links from index to the products go to blank.

Looks like there isn't a .htaccess file in the /shop/ (catalog) folder. What shouild be in that .htaccess so i can put it there.

There is no .htaccess in root only in /admin/

Thanks

oz

There is another version that Chemo created before the Ultimate SEO urls but is highly not recommended, Thus leaving the only option of .htaccess.

Sorry