• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Hacked - they upload files to our server

mcdeveloper

We have been using oscommerce since 2003 and we havent had such problem before. We found hack script that allow anyone to do what they want on my server few days ago.(checking/changing chmod of files, upload files etc.). we cleaned our server and checked all chmod of our files. but we dont know how this guy put this script to our server. does anyone know any bugs that allows people to upload this kind of php scripts? script uploaded into templates image folder. we recognized that chmod of folder changed to 777 which should be 755.

can anyone help us about it?

Have you erased your file_manager.php? Have you renamed the admin tree and password protected it? Have you checked all your .php files for added code (often encoded by base64 or the like)? Have you scanned your PC for spyware such as keystroke loggers and password sniffers? Have you talked to your host about security measures they use? Have you changed all passwords (site account, admin user, FTP, etc.)? Have you searched for discussions here about security measures you should take? Have you looked in your site access log for the IP address of whoever accesses your site control panel, and blocked them?

Thanks for reply

Have you erased your file_manager.php? NO

Have you renamed the admin tree and password protected it? YES

Have you checked all your .php files for added code? MOST OF THEM

Have you scanned your PC for spyware such as keystroke loggers and password sniffers? YES

Have you talked to your host about security measures they use? YES

Have you changed all passwords (site account, admin user, FTP, etc.)? YES

Have you searched for discussions here about security measures you should take? YES

Have you looked in your site access log for the IP address of whoever accesses your site control panel, and blocked them? YES

Have you erased your file_manager.php? NO

Very common hacking root, see details in security forum. ohmy.gif

PS Phil forgot to ask you you have added any security, like security pro etc etc detailed in the threads you say you read.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

• 6 months later...

Archived