• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

File permissions settings

Francys

Hi, after reading a bit in forums there is some information regarding the right file permissions for all the osc.

I would like to see in one thread all the best file permissions that allow good navigation and improved security.

I would like reference to exceptions: cache, backup, robots.txt, .htaccess.

thanks in advance

Hi, after reading a bit in forums there is some information regarding the right file permissions for all the osc.

I would like to see in one thread all the best file permissions that allow good navigation and improved security.

I would like reference to exceptions: cache, backup, robots.txt, .htaccess.

thanks in advance

In an attempt to be helpfull to anyone, who like me was needing more informations regarding securing files and folder permissions here goes the following quotation from another contributor:

"My observation has been that over 90% of the sites that get hacked are because they have a folder (/images or /catalog/images or /admin/backups usually) set with 777 permissions.

It is an undeniable truth that if you have a FOLDER with 777 permissions, because of the way most servers are set up, it's usually only matter of time before you get hacked.

Not IF, just WHEN and HOW BAD.

<b>Folder permissions should NEVER be higher tha 755 - EVER.</b>"

Receive friendly help in another thread about this so there it goes, guess this can help someone. :)

Archived