• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

error with Template boxes

gcap

Hi, i am having this problem with this and the 'request more product info' add ons. I am using an algozone template and have installed this which is a super mod by the way, looks amazing. However, I am getting this error down both sides where the boxes should be:

Warning: include(TMPL_BOXESbest_sellers.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/***/public_html/shop/includes/column_right.php on line 8

Warning: include(TMPL_BOXESbest_sellers.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/***/public_html/shop/includes/column_right.php on line 8

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'TMPL_BOXESbest_sellers.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/***/public_html/shop/includes/column_right.php on line 8

any ideas? otherwise all is working great

Gcap

Upper case errors usually means something isn't being defined somewhere.

In your case you've lost the definition for TMPL_BOXES

Since it's a template and not standard osC I have no clue what or where it's supposed to be at.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

excuse me being dumb but how are things normally defined?

Like this:

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

Look in your /catalog/includes/configure.php file for more examples.

You need to be especially careful when installing contributions.

They are usually written for "standard" osC code.

Since you have a template your code will be different in soime cases.

You just have to be careful and take this into consideration.

Look at the backups of the files you altered when installing the contribution.

What you seek will be in there somewhere.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

if you have a moment have a look at www.brentwoodnursery.co.za/shop and all is fine until you click into a product

The cause and solution still remain as I have posted.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

i have restored my backed up files and now i get this :

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_image_array' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_image_array, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '266' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

may need to give up on this idea

You better slow down a little. This is the second addon you are posting this error for today.

As stated above you are using templates and that makes the job of installing addons worse as you have to adopt the code to you template modifications. It may mean that you have to edit the code in different files, and in different ways unless the addon have the instructions on how to add with template.

The error you are getting now i would say is because there is a missmatch between the files you backed up and the mysql db. Did you backup both and restore both.

Yes I did, I have got it back to where I was with the error. I may have to back track and uninstall slowly. It seems as if it is looking for files, but I have no idea. Wish I could slow down but I need this done fairly soonish.

Back to this, The mod actually works but instead of boxes on the left and right I have this message, will google it a bit more and hopefully I can repair

Warning: include(TMPL_BOXEScategories.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/brentbna/public_html/shop/includes/column_left.php on line 8

Warning: include(TMPL_BOXEScategories.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/brentbna/public_html/shop/includes/column_left.php on line 8

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'TMPL_BOXEScategories.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/brentbna/public_html/shop/includes/column_left.php on line 8

Warning: include(TMPL_BOXESmanufacturers.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/brentbna/public_html/shop/includes/column_left.php on line 10

Warning: include(TMPL_BOXESmanufacturers.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/brentbna/public_html/shop/includes/column_left.php on line 10

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'TMPL_BOXESmanufacturers.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/brentbna/public_html/shop/includes/column_left.php on line 10

Wish I could slow down but I need this done fairly soonish

You have no chance finishing this before you slow down..

It is not looking for files. The TMPL_BOXES is supposed to be defined somplace and point to a directory within your template folder supposingly where the files for the boxes are stored.

You have some code that is broken, missing, or replaced someplace...

• 3 months later...