• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how change language

cezar99

hi, i know that from the administration tools can change language, but after installation the first language is English. Even i change it to germany lang in administration and i refresh site i see again English ... How make that the firs and only languages will be germany ?

hi, i know that from the administration tools can change language, but after installation the first language is English. Even i change it to germany lang in administration and i refresh site i see again English ... How make that the firs and only languages will be germany ?

The easiet way is to go into admin then languages. Click onto the language you dont want and then edit you will see a box that says directory English or Spanish just crossout and leave the box blank. on the german one click the default box at the bottom. All the English and Spanish files are intact and should you wish to put them back its easy.

There are other ways but I find this is the the best no php to change.

Regards Mel

if this does not work for you, then try the following

in catalog / includes / application_top.php find

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {
 	$lng->set_language($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']);
} else {
 	$lng->get_browser_language();
}

and change to

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {
} 

or if you want to leavethe function complete then do this

} else {
  //   $lng->get_browser_language();
}

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

if this does not work for you, then try the following

in catalog / includes / application_top.php find

} else {
 	$lng->get_browser_language();
}

and change to

} 

or if you want to leavethe function complete then do this

} else {
  //   $lng->get_browser_language();
}

Nic

Hi i did but it still English :/ i need only and always german without choosing lang.

Archived