Sign in to follow this  
ifs

Can't find my customers

Anybody know why the customer never makes it into the file? My customers create a new account, receive the welcome email but can't login because the system says they have not registered. I guess there is a file somewhere that says CUSTOMER and I need to find it and ....do what??

its not "saved" in a file, but in the shops db.

You can access the db through your hosting control panel

Edited by toyicebear

its not "saved" in a file, but in the shops db.

You can access the db through your hosting control panel

No trouble accessing the DB...which has no customers in it, not even the "John Doe" sample.

No trouble accessing the DB...which has no customers in it, not even the "John Doe" sample.

FINALLY!!! The error message I got when trying to manually insert a customer kept mentioning the INCORRECT DOB format. Well, I was configured to not even ASK for DOB, so I just deleted the field from the DB and IT WORKED!!! Thanks for your tip on the DB.

As for the shipping module, after I finally got a customer base to work with, I just uninstalled the shipping module, reinstalled it, and it worked as well.

Even though I arrived at my solutions in a round about way, none of it would have been remotely possible were it not for the many tips and clues I got from you guys.

I can't thank you enough.

Here's hoping someone else will benefit from this information as well.

Ok, I had everything running fine. I created 2 dummy customers to see and change what the account pages looked like. When I tried to log into them today, I had problems - so I tried to get my dummy customer password(incase I was inputting a wrong one) and it kept telling me I had the wrong email/password combo. Finally, I just deleted both dummy customers from the admin.

Once I tried to create another dummy customer and hit the continue button, it clears my entries and nothing else happens. . .it stays on the login/register page.

The only difference between yesterday and today is that a redirect page was implemented since my store is located in a subfolder. Does that have anything to do with databases and them not being able to access them? If so, where should my database be and what's it called(what file name am I looking for)?

Anybody know why the customer never makes it into the file? My customers create a new account, receive the welcome email but can't login because the system says they have not registered. I guess there is a file somewhere that says CUSTOMER and I need to find it and ....do what??

No offense, everybody, but I just QUIT!!

I find so many errors, bugs and pitfalls in this program that I spend all my time editing the software and no time running my business.

I pulled out an old copy of AGORA version 5.2, uploaded it to my server and in five minutes I was online, including the USPS shipping module.

I find this program superior, and it is so powerful and versatile that I can do almost anything I want with minimum programming. Of course that means I will soon screw up something and have to scratch my head, but at least I know that mistakes won't force me to tear out my hair.

I am going to stick with Agora for now and drop OSC until it has been upgraded a few years.

Good luck and God bless you all!

frazierslist.com/store52

Ok, I had everything running fine. I created 2 dummy customers to see and change what the account pages looked like. When I tried to log into them today, I had problems - so I tried to get my dummy customer password(incase I was inputting a wrong one) and it kept telling me I had the wrong email/password combo. Finally, I just deleted both dummy customers from the admin.

Once I tried to create another dummy customer and hit the continue button, it clears my entries and nothing else happens. . .it stays on the login/register page.

The only difference between yesterday and today is that a redirect page was implemented since my store is located in a subfolder. Does that have anything to do with databases and them not being able to access them? If so, where should my database be and what's it called(what file name am I looking for)?

Nevermind - It was the redirect that caused all these problems! Everything works the way it should again!