Sign in to follow this  
Jenica77

Simple Visitor Newsletter with HTML Support

Please bear with me, I am very new!

I have been installing this add-on and I get to this step:

6.	Added to SQL_Db

CREATE TABLE `visitors` (
`email` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( `email` )
) ENGINE = MYISAM ;

I have been searching for 45 min and I do not know where the SQL_Db is. I looked through my PHP Admin provided by my host, but I don't even know where to start there. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Please bear with me, I am very new!

I have been installing this add-on and I get to this step:

6.	Added to SQL_Db

CREATE TABLE `visitors` (
`email` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( `email` )
) ENGINE = MYISAM ;

I have been searching for 45 min and I do not know where the SQL_Db is. I looked through my PHP Admin provided by my host, but I don't even know where to start there. Can anyone help? Thanks!

I still haven't been able to finish this step. Can anyone help me? Is it something in my FTP program? I don't know where to see the databases.

When I go into the program phpMyAdmin (provided by my hosting company) I see the table visitors is set up. This is what it shows when I click on it.

databaseinfo2.jpg

databaseinfo.jpg

So it appears I've created the table. Why am I still getting this error?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/myname/mysite.com/catalog/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /hsphere/local/home/myname/mysite.com/catalog/includes/functions/database.php  on line 13

That is a frustrating error that is quite common. The sql_db set up with the visitors table is probably not the cause of the error.

Whenever I get this error when installing a contribution, I have always been able to solve it by one of two methods. 1) carefully going back over the installation steps and making sure I have done everything correctly and that I have no typos anywhere, espacially on the pages referred to in the error message. and 2) Making sure there are no spaces or blank lines above the initial <?php symbol on the pages referred to in the error message. (or spaces or lines below the final ?> on the page).

Just a side note, but that white space thing became a real issue when my Webhost did some incremental upgrading on their PHP5. The more upgraded version was less tolerant of the white space issue, and I started getting that same d$%m message about 'headers already sent', until I went through about a dozen pages and found a single space and a extra line after the final ?> . I suspect that at some point in the past I added those unexpected lines and spaces by cutting and pasting code from my MAC txt editor into Adobe Golive.

Edited by npn2531

Oscommerce site:

OSC to CSS, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7263 -Mail Manager, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8120