• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

oscommerce migration problem

ptholt

I had an enforced migration from a host changing from dedicated direct admin server to virtual hypervm/kloxo, i had numerous issues trying to get osc working on this combination so instead bought dedicated hosting running on plesk 9 where i have an existing oscommerce store (all be it a very basic one) already running with no problem.

However after tarring/extracting and migrating the database, immediately under the categories menu box heading i have the following message in German indicating a file is missing -

Die angegebene Datei konnte nicht auf dem Server gefunden werden!

The files are there, the permissions set the same as they were on the old direct admin server.

I have checked the admin/includes/configure.php and includes/configure.php both are fine (and i have checked permissions and configure.php against the basic store already running on same server).

The only differences between the running basic one and this are the following contributions -

SEO urls

Ultra pics

Define mainpage

Extra pages info box

Scrolling product infoboxes

as the basic store works and this one does not, im assuming its one of the above mods. However when i first migrated to direct admin and the test on kloxo this side of things worked fine, so i am guessing some requirement from one of those mods is giving me problems but cant for the life of me establish which one or where to start looking as there are no errors on server logs, apache logs etc...

any help gratefully received.

I have checked the admin/includes/configure.php and includes/configure.php both are fine (and i have checked permissions and configure.php against the basic store already running on same server).

have you updated the paths?

SEO urls

is mod rewrite installed on your new server?

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Tested mod rewrite, its installed and working fine...

Could you check the .htaccess file as should contain the following:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Archived