• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

installing easy populate

bluewaterbm

I am new to all this so please help. I am installing easy populate on my local apache sever and my linux through Go daddy I am on step six. How do I add a PHP.ini? How do I create this? If I am reading this correctly I add this to my admin/folder of my Linux/Apache and not my OSC admin/folder?

STEP #6 - Check with your web host about your hosting environment

There are several variables that may affect some with large data files when using Easy Populate. These can usually be adjusted to fit your needs in a Linux/Apache environment by adding a php.ini file in your /admin/ folder. Do check with your host on this to ensure that a) it can be done, and B) you're staying within your Terms of Service. This forum post may help:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=162244&st=5900&p=1101458entry1101458

When these factors come into play, often the script will simply halt with no error message.

The following php.ini settings are considered to be "default" by most hosts. Adjust higher as needed.

max_execution_time = 30 ;(in seconds)

Change this to allow for more time that PHP can process your import file.

max_input_time = 60 ;(in seconds)

post_max_size = 2M ;

upload_max_filesize = 2M ;

These will limit the size of a file you can import using Easy Populate. This can be circumvented by uploading the file via FTP to your /temp/ folder and importing it from there.

memory_limit = 8M ;

Change this to allow PHP to use more memory to process your file. (32M recommended)

session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440 ; (in seconds)

Your session lifetime, should always be longer then the max_execution_time.

Thanks, In over My head!

When these factors come into play, often the script will simply halt with no error message.

usage of CPU power for more time than allowed by your hosting issue here.

Edited by web-project

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.