• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need some help in customizing STS

Vestax159

Reposting this from os commerce 3.x since it seems it doesn't exist in this newer version.

Anyhow, I'm new to OS commerce and in an effort to speed things up decided to give STS a try. When looking over the database it is already setup pretty well minus a few columns which I will need to be adding. However, I am having trouble reverse engineering and deciphering what exactly is what. Is there a breakdown of the database someplace I could check out? Mainly need to know how each table is related and it would be helpful to get a breakdown of what some of the columns mean.

I'm also attempting to alter the url, meta tags, and meta keywords by adding an additional column for tags / keywords. At the moment is appears as if the url is being pulled from the product_id but for the life of me I cannot find where in the many pages of code this is being pulled in. I realize I could use one of the many wonderful add ons but would prefer to do this on my own.

For url's and meta tags you need to install 2 addons (one for each function you ned). Search in the addons for "SEO url's" (there are more than one) and "Header Tags SEO". You don't need to reinvent anything except you want to add one more addon to the already existing

A database diagram is included in the package you downloaded, a list of all files and how thety are related you can find here

I don't know why you call your topic "help in customizing sts" since it has nothing to do with sts.

Thanks for the link. I kind of though the database was added by sts not oscommerce but either way this will be very helpful!

Under the template it refers to the variable $content for the body of the homepage, categories, etc. Where is this being pulled from?

Read the STS documentation to get clear bout what sts is and what it does. It's included in the download package of the addon.

Also search the STSv4 forum, your question about the $content tag has been answered there also many times. You should also post all your sts related questions to there