• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Edit Categories

nealc

This may not be possible but I am curious to see if there is a way to edit the first page of each category, instead of calling products_new.php which just adds the newest items added to each category I am looking for a way to just add information for each category pertaining to the particular items in each and maybe some items that are on sale, and quite possibly some banner ads etc.

I am currently just learning osCommerce and PHP, but am always willing to help out.

Have successfully installed the following: Discount Coupons, UPS shipping module, Ultimate SEO URL's, Easy Meta Tags for SEO 1.0, Google XML Sitemap SEO v1.3, HTML Editor for Email and Newsletters.

Sounds like a modified Featured Products add on.

It takes marked products from the category and displays them in a box below the sub category links. It could easily be modified to simply show text or code specific to the category selected.

You would have to have a directory to hold all of your text or code in the format of $categories_id.php and when the category.php file is called, it queries the $category_string and calls the appropriate $categories_id.php file. Very doable.

Just have to have a generic in the event a $categories_id.php does not exist it will use the generic.

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

Thank you for the quick reply.

Sounds like something I can do, just gonna take a little while to figure out how this will all work.

A little weekend project :-)

I am currently just learning osCommerce and PHP, but am always willing to help out.

Have successfully installed the following: Discount Coupons, UPS shipping module, Ultimate SEO URL's, Easy Meta Tags for SEO 1.0, Google XML Sitemap SEO v1.3, HTML Editor for Email and Newsletters.

I also just found something else that might do the trick. Category descriptions contribution, it will allow me to add html to the category pages to add more of a dynamic look to my site.

Archived