Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sijo

Need new date for new product

When I change product using an old Product Model number, the product will not be listed in New Products.

The old date when product was inserted are still listed. In admin I can see when product was last modified.

Is there a way to make a switch or something to mark the product as new and not a modification?

I want to keep the Product Model number in order. When my supplier is out of stock for one product, then I want to put another new product in for the same Product Model number.

Is there anyone that can help me with this, please?

All help would be appreciated.

---------------

regards

sijo

---------------

Contrib: JMrating10 - Rate your products / osCommerce VTS - Virus & Threat Scanner

(osCommerce VTS now also checks for leading and trailing whitespace and also have a grep function)

When I change product using an old Product Model number, the product will not be listed in New Products.

The old date when product was inserted are still listed. In admin I can see when product was last modified.

Is there a way to make a switch or something to mark the product as new and not a modification?

I want to keep the Product Model number in order. When my supplier is out of stock for one product, then I want to put another new product in for the same Product Model number.

Is there anyone that can help me with this, please?

All help would be appreciated.

You can use php myadmin to directly alter the date in your database. Browse the products table for your particular product and edit the date.

Tim

You can use php myadmin to directly alter the date in your database. Browse the products table for your particular product and edit the date.

Tim

Thanks, done now.

But it would be easier to have a switch I could use when inserting new products..

---------------

regards

sijo

---------------

Contrib: JMrating10 - Rate your products / osCommerce VTS - Virus & Threat Scanner

(osCommerce VTS now also checks for leading and trailing whitespace and also have a grep function)

Thanks, done now.

But it would be easier to have a switch I could use when inserting new products..

I am sure it could be coded on the product edit page, but I could not do it. Since the page updates the database, a field could be added to update the 'date added'.

The other alternative is to install the featured products add on. Burt has one that has a radio button for inclusion just like the existing in or out of stock button.

Tim