• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Another store

Derek

Ok My first store... ever, still in developement, I`ve tried to follow some of the advice that has been given to others & changed it a bit from the standard OSC pack..

Helpfull coments & advice appreciated :)

default dummy CC 4+15 ones, any expiry

COD any dummy address

Derek

I think the first thing you should do is get the large images uploaded, when I look at a products details page and click the "Click to enlarge" link I see the same size image. I get the impression that the images are very nice, but at the size they are I can't tell for certain.

Also I would be having a rethink on the colour scheme of the store, the products you are selling seem to be all black and white prints, and against the white page and the blue boxes etc, they just seem to get lost.

Personally I would be thinking along the lines of light grey boxes, darker grey text (make sure you check for contrast on your monitor, don't forget to turn the brightness up and down and take a look) and maybe some other bright colour such as orange, red etc for highlights.

What I would be trying to achieve overall is getting the images of the prints to "pop" out a bit more against the general background noise that is the site framework.

chingali, thank for that... TBH, I am not sure what items are going to be sold, I only put those items in to get some content.

I will take note of your comments & pass them on.. & see what happens....

thanks

from your site.. BE CAREFULL!!!!

Warning: Installation directory exists at: /home/favorite/public_html/favoritegroup/install. Please remove this directory for security reasons.  

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/favorite/public_html/favoritegroup/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.  

and please, delete the spanish language from your admin.. i really hate to visit stores that forget to delete languages that they don't know anything about it!!! it's kind of frustating to go all over your site with the spanish language... :D

cheers!

emiliano

patagonia, argentina

Hi Emiliano.. heh, yeh I know about that.. i was doing some testing & considering a re-install, thats why those warnings were there...they be gone now :).. If I had the option I would remove this post...site is back under the knife again, so it wont look the same from one visit to the next..

:)

Derek

Archived