• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help with shipping methods.

nealc

Hello everybody,

I need a shipping contribution and have seen this one here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1333 that seems to be what I am looking for but just wanted to get a little input to make sure it is going to work for me.

Here is the scenario, I have flat rate shipping installed on my site for every product. I just recently added another distributor for pet supplies to my site and they have some products that are extremely heavy and require additional freight. So what I am looking to do is for each of these products that are to heavy and will require the add. freight charge I would like to change the shipping rate for these items only and all others will remain at the flat rate. This contribution above seems to be what I need, but I need to make sure that it will work correctly and not conflict with the flat rate already configured.

I am currently just learning osCommerce and PHP, but am always willing to help out.

Have successfully installed the following: Discount Coupons, UPS shipping module, Ultimate SEO URL's, Easy Meta Tags for SEO 1.0, Google XML Sitemap SEO v1.3, HTML Editor for Email and Newsletters.

Archived