• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS Shipping Rate Issue

monkeysteez

Hello,

I am currently setting up a website to take online orders for a certain type of equipment. I went to a competitors site, who's business is structured almost EXACTLY the same as ours. We ship direct from the same supplier to the customer's door, so shipping rates should be identical. We both use oscommerce with the UPS shipping module.

My site is http://www.surplushydro.com and the competitors is http://www.horticulturesource.com/ and when I put the identical items in the carts their shipping prices are usually higher, especially when there are more items in the cart and heavier items. As a business owner I want to do nothing less than shoot myself in the foot over shipping. I would like to model our estimated shipping structure after the competitors. What can I change to fix this problem. Again it is almost only when there are MORE THAN ONE PRODUCTS IN THE CART and the issue gets really bad when THERE ARE HEAVIER ITEMS IN THE CART.

I have already added a handling charge and raised the "Larger packages - percentage increase." as high as it will go - maxes out at 12% and will not let me go any higher. I have also stated that average package tare weight is 10 lbs. Sorry for the caps just wanted to stress that part. Thanks in advance!