• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Site was shut down-PCI compliance

dan1dan1

I was wondering how and who shut my site down because it was not PCI compliant? I do have it back up now.

Only paypal is accepted for payment, no credit card.

ask your web hosting provider, as it can be the following reasons:

1) spam

2) some hacked and uploaded the phishing website

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

I did ask and got no reply

No one here has the power or authority to shut down your site.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

I did ask and got no reply

Sounds like it's time to switch hosts then. :( PCI compliance isn't usually something a host is concerned about. And the company that can decide if you are PCI compliant or not, the financial institutions you have accounts with, don't have the ability to shut down your site. So you need to figure out what "shut down" means. If your shop is not available to the Internet, then that is your hosts fault and only they can tell you why. But if it is just that one of your payment modules isn't working, then you would need to contact the company you have that service through.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Sounds like it's time to switch hosts then. :( PCI compliance isn't usually something a host is concerned about. And the company that can decide if you are PCI compliant or not, the financial institutions you have accounts with, don't have the ability to shut down your site. So you need to figure out what "shut down" means. If your shop is not available to the Internet, then that is your hosts fault and only they can tell you why. But if it is just that one of your payment modules isn't working, then you would need to contact the company you have that service through.

I thought something wasn't right.

Thanks for the quick response

How is it you were accepting credit cards then? Were you collecting the information then processing it by hand somewhere else?

We don't accept credit cards, paypal or check only.

we are a manufacturer and sell very little directly.

Archived