• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

green bubble store template issues

ogwinilo

After installing the green buble store, the mechanics of the store seem to be working fine for now, i am able to start the transaction from the beginning to payment. However, apart from 'the possibly hacked files'- (i dont think they are), I can't find the said 'edit page' in admin. Secondly, infobox images, both the left and right ones don't appear, it shows blank spaces with red-crossed boxes instead of an image. What could be causing these and how can I rectify them?\\

Than

After installing the green buble store, the mechanics of the store seem to be working fine for now, i am able to start the transaction from the beginning to payment. However, apart from 'the possibly hacked files'- (i dont think they are), I can't find the said 'edit page' in admin. Secondly, infobox images, both the left and right ones don't appear, it shows blank spaces with red-crossed boxes instead of an image. What could be causing these and how can I rectify them?\\

Than

Image problems usually aren't too difficult to troubleshoot.

<right-click> on the image.

In the context menu that appears choose "Properties".

In the dialogue box that appears look on the line that says:

Address:

(URL)

That will have the path and name of the image.

First be sure there is a path and a name and not just a path.

Copy/paste the path and name of the image into your browser address bar and hit [enter].

Here you usually have 5 possible outcomes.

1. The image will be displayed.

2. All you see is a red X in place of the image. This usually means the image file is corrupted. This can happen if you FTP'd the image to the server in TEXT or ASCII mode. Use BINARY mode for images and TEXT or ASCII mode for text files. The red X might also be displayed if the image is the wrong format. IE requires images be RGB format. Some can by CYMK format. If the image shows in Firefox but not IE it's probably the wrong format.

3. You get the infamous "The webpage cannot be found" error. This would mean the image isn't on the server where the code is telling it to look. Upload the image where it belongs.

4. You get a page telling you you don't have permissions to view the image. Folder permissions in OSC should be 755 and image file permissions should be 644. Alter any permissions as required.

5. You get a "internal server error" message. This would be because of an errant .htaccess file in one of the folders in the image path. Rename them (one at a time starting with the loweset in the path) to text.htaccess until the image appears.

That's image troubleshooting in a nutshell.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Thanks Jim, the image wasn't on the server where the code was telling it to look. I uploaded the image accordingly and the problem was somewhat resolved. I say somewhat becauase, while most ot the boxes now display perfectly, three (specials, reviews and shopping cart), have images also showing with links to more info slightly misplaced on these boxes and showing the red color X

Im using IE, could it be the reason?

Thanks again for your help

Image problems usually aren't too difficult to troubleshoot.

<right-click> on the image.

In the context menu that appears choose "Properties".

In the dialogue box that appears look on the line that says:

Address:

(URL)

That will have the path and name of the image.

First be sure there is a path and a name and not just a path.

Copy/paste the path and name of the image into your browser address bar and hit [enter].

Here you usually have 5 possible outcomes.

1. The image will be displayed.

2. All you see is a red X in place of the image. This usually means the image file is corrupted. This can happen if you FTP'd the image to the server in TEXT or ASCII mode. Use BINARY mode for images and TEXT or ASCII mode for text files. The red X might also be displayed if the image is the wrong format. IE requires images be RGB format. Some can by CYMK format. If the image shows in Firefox but not IE it's probably the wrong format.

3. You get the infamous "The webpage cannot be found" error. This would mean the image isn't on the server where the code is telling it to look. Upload the image where it belongs.

4. You get a page telling you you don't have permissions to view the image. Folder permissions in OSC should be 755 and image file permissions should be 644. Alter any permissions as required.

5. You get a "internal server error" message. This would be because of an errant .htaccess file in one of the folders in the image path. Rename them (one at a time starting with the loweset in the path) to text.htaccess until the image appears.

That's image troubleshooting in a nutshell.

Thanks Jim, the image wasn't on the server where the code was telling it to look. I uploaded the image accordingly and the problem was somewhat resolved. I say somewhat becauase, while most ot the boxes now display perfectly, three (specials, reviews and shopping cart), have images also showing with links to more info slightly misplaced on these boxes and showing the red color X

Im using IE, could it be the reason?

Thanks again for your help

I've told you pretty much all I know about image troubleshooting.

Without a link to the site in question (in this thread or by PM) so I can see for myself I'm speechless.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Sure thing, just PMed you the link, thanks

http://www.YOUR_DOMAIN.com/images/template/infobox/arrow_right.gif

Image not on the server.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Thanks, it's not in the contribution either, unless I'm seeing things. I guess it was an oversight on the part of the developer.

Seems ok now, scrounged around from the default template and got it. Now only left with the 'page edit' in admin issue and I guess for that I'll have to ask the developer for guidance. Thanks again

1.On clicking the define menu item in admin, I get the following the message:

Not Found

The requested URL /my-admin-name/define_language.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 401 Authorization Required error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

2. On clicking the 'Buy Now' button straight from categories, this is what I get

Not Found

The requested URL /1_8/cPath/1_8/action/buy_now/products_id/25 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

3. On clicking 'Who's Online' in admin, I get this:

Online ID Full Name IP Address Entry Time Last Click Last URL

00:04:51 2 NHo mbalula 196.213.33.49 06:33:49 06:37:25 /checkout_success.php

Currently there are 1 customers online

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/woiqqwab/public_html/khaya/whos_online.php on line 136

2006 - MySQL server has gone away

select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = '51a26417c2a22eecc371512c921e041a'

Can someone please help me with these?

Regards

Felix

1.On clicking the define menu item in admin, I get the following the message:

Not Found

The requested URL /my-admin-name/define_language.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 401 Authorization Required error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

2. On clicking the 'Buy Now' button straight from categories, this is what I get

Not Found

The requested URL /1_8/cPath/1_8/action/buy_now/products_id/25 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

3. On clicking 'Who's Online' in admin, I get this:

Online ID Full Name IP Address Entry Time Last Click Last URL

00:04:51 2 NHo mbalula 196.213.33.49 06:33:49 06:37:25 /checkout_success.php

Currently there are 1 customers online

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/woiqqwab/public_html/khaya/whos_online.php on line 136

2006 - MySQL server has gone away

select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = '51a26417c2a22eecc371512c921e041a'

Can someone please help me with these?

Regards

Felix

The answer to no, 2:

In your Admin, set 'Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development)' to false.

Save it.

Sometimes you have to set 'Use Cache' to false (or better yet clear the cache) to see any change.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

• 5 months later...

I'm trying to translate the template to portuguese but I'm geting an error.

what I'm doing is copying the:

includes/laguages/english/

includes/laguages/english.php

admin/includes/laguages/english/

admin/includes/laguages/english.php

After copying im renaming the english.php and english folder to portuguese.

I login to administration and change the language, but when i go to the catalog it displays:

Warning: require(includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/XXX/YYY/catalog/includes/languages/portugues.php on line 325

Warning: require(includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/XXX/YYY/catalog/includes/languages/portugues.php on line 325

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/XXX/YYY/catalog/includes/languages/portugues.php on line 325

The another languages that already comes set works fine but when i try choose portuguese this problem happens.

I checked the languages folder and i didn't see any add_ccgvdc_english.php.

But if there is no such a file so how can the other languages works?

I'm begging u guys. Can some one help me? i already spent one day trying to fix this, and i didnt find any help on internet.

Cheers!!!