• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] CKEditor [wyswyg]

www.in.no

Hi I am very new to this.

I love the contrib news blog but would very much like to use ckeditor for the text area how do I add it???

First of all it is best to use the support tread already made insted of posting single questions in the main forum.

for ckeditor it is

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/353005-contribution-ckeditor-wyswyg/

I will post the help i can give there.

Regarding your addon i dont know how to add as i dont use it, but it is mainly to install ckeditor / ckfinder as described in forum / addon page.

Add the ckeditor class to your textarea in news blog. (se example in forum/addon)

make sure the tep_draw_textarea settings in the code are set to soft (may be hard as default)) It is soft already.

The original code. (only get one, may be more)

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('news_content[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15'); ?></td>

You can try with this one. May need to apply to other tep_draw_textarea in news blog.

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('news_content[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']class="ckeditor"', 'soft', '70', '15'); ?></td>

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made ckeditor open in mail.php and product_reviews_write.php

by adding in each file the

<script type="text/javascript" src="./ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>

to the head

and 'class="ckeditor"' to the tep_draw_textarea_field section

but when I actually write an email or a product review with images or any other html info in the ckeditor that opens up

I get just html text

(the product description works fine because it was explained exactly in the download page)

I am quite sure it has to do with

the missing stripslashes fuction like we have in products description

thanks

Edited by musicall

you didn't understand,

I am trying to enable ckeditor for mail.php because it only

loads in the product descripption

I made it load by adding the js and the class

but the sent mail just gives text

for example If I sent a mail with blue text like

AAAAAAAAAAA

the mail arrives like this:

<p>

<span style="background-color: #000080">AAAAAAAAAAA</span></p>

Hi, I just finished doing the changes as instruced in the instillation explanation and i get the following error, can someone tell me what is wrong please. (ckeditor)

Warning: require(includes/boxes/information.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/adawn/public_html/pandora-style-beads.com/catalogpsb/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 22

Warning: require(includes/boxes/information.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/adawn/public_html/pandora-style-beads.com/catalogpsb/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 22

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/information.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/adawn/public_html/pandora-style-beads.com/catalogpsb/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 22

Check if the file is there.

'includes/boxes/information.php'

hi thankyou for that, it wasnt there, took away some of the errors leaving this one....

Fatal error: Class 'infoBoxHeading' not found in /home/adawn/public_html/pandora-style-beads.com/catalogpsb/admin/includes/boxes/information.php on line 23

the file is there, what else could it be please.....

Cheers Dawn

hi thankyou for that, it wasnt there, took away some of the errors leaving this one....

Fatal error: Class 'infoBoxHeading' not found in /home/adawn/public_html/pandora-style-beads.com/catalogpsb/admin/includes/boxes/information.php on line 23

the file is there, what else could it be please.....

Cheers Dawn

Can someone PLEASE help.... I cant see any of my admin because of the above error.....

Class 'infoBoxHeading' is normaly pointing to the css file, but i dont se how this should make this error.

Post the lines from the catalogpsb/admin/includes/boxes/information.php on line 23

Class 'infoBoxHeading' is normaly pointing to the css file, but i dont se how this should make this error.

Post the lines from the catalogpsb/admin/includes/boxes/information.php on line 23

hi thankyou for your answer

<?php

/*

$Id: information.php,v 1.6 2003/02/10 22:31:00 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?>

<!-- information //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

// Add-on - Information Pages Unlimited

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'information.php');

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, false);

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => tep_information_show_category(1) .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>'

);

hope this helps

this line does not belong here..

or the hole block

// Add-on - Information Pages Unlimited
require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'information.php');

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION);

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => tep_information_show_category(1) .

This belong in the information.php file i think

Check your install innstrution again and correct it.

• 2 weeks later...

you didn't understand,

I am trying to enable ckeditor for mail.php because it only

loads in the product descripption

I made it load by adding the js and the class

but the sent mail just gives text

for example If I sent a mail with blue text like

AAAAAAAAAAA

the mail arrives like this:

<p>

<span style="background-color: #000080">AAAAAAAAAAA</span></p>

Did you figure out this!??

i tried me too to put it in my contact_us.php and it works perfect but in my email arives like yours in html view..

I am able to see the ckeditor in product_reviews_write.php

but I need a way to enable the ckeditor to output html

in product_reviews.php like

text text text

and not like

p_ _span style="background-color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"_text text text_/span__/p_

Hi everyone,

Im just wondering if anyone is getting this error when using ckeditor to edit product descriptions etc:

Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in H:\wamp\www\catalog6\blackylancer\includes\functions\general.php on line 35

The error only appears when you hit the back button after editing your item, not when you first open your item to begin editing.

I have Ultrapics 2.04 with lightbox installed along with headertags seo and the error mentioned above only seems to occur when I add the ckeditor lines to my admin\categories.php file.

I should also mention it is working perfectly with my everything in my Information box, and also my index page.

Now the error itself dosnt seem to affect the product description etc, but Id prefer not to see any error appear, if that makes sense LOL.

Chhers!

Hi again, in reference to my previous post (the one just above) I forgot to mention that the error line appears as two rows (both rows show the same error) right next to (or just above) the product image below all the product description boxes.

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, this is quite a thrilling thread since ckeditor is considered now state of the art in terms of html edition onsite, i have compiled some questions and must do's intended to context the developers and the shop owners who are, like me stumbling into the HTML editors installers (without which information pages, article editors, and other must have contributions won't fully work).

First shop developers or owners need to know if it's worth to migrate/install CKEditor, or at least they want to know what is the more versatile HTML Editor, before they go and mess their shop wioth something that may not be fully what is needed.

I would like an expert to reply my post, i bet lots of users are dealing with this same questions, and many more will, since HTML editor is a must in shop projects.

Questions regarding CKEDITOR advantages/disadvantages regarding FCKEditor/TinyMCE:

1- To use fully in a oscshop what are in terms of license the things we can and can not acomplish without having to buy a license(catalog side/admin side)

2- To fully upload images or other daily shop activities, will we need to pay for extras, like CKFinder, etc, or we cana use them freely?

3- What is the HTML Editor you would install in your shop as an expert, and why (consider flexibility, support, and expected development)

Suggestions for CKEditor future patches (quite urgent indeed):

-> Improve the guide, support documentation to install in the readme file

-> Integrate in same patch (like with FCKEditor)

CKeditor for Products Description

CKeditor for HTML Newsletter

CKeditor for Information Pages Unlimited

CKeditor for Define Mainpage

CKeditor for email order text

CKeditor for articles manager

CKEditor for categories description

CKeditor install automatic (regardless of having the admin folder renamed)

CKEditor parameters/links/images/anchors/tags and generated code fully compatible with osc variables and SEO friendly

Hope this helps someone

Edited by Francys

• 3 months later...
1- To use fully in a oscshop what are in terms of license the things we can and can not acomplish without having to buy a license(catalog side/admin side)

Answ:You have to pay... since had assumed that your store has a commercial goal... (sell products o services and pursuing profit).

Licenses CKEditor to be used inside pages of your web site.Price: US $375

if your store is under radar, and not well known store, is not problem, because no body cares... otherwise you will enforced to pay.

Consider other alternatives if you want to have a free editor. TinyMCE is a good one

Edited by axioma

Answ:You have to pay... since had assumed that your store has a commercial goal... (sell products o services and pursuing profit).

Licenses CKEditor to be used inside pages of your web site.Price: US $375

if your store is under radar, and not well known store, is not problem, because no body cares... otherwise you will enforced to pay.

Consider other alternatives if you want to have a free editor. TinyMCE is a good one

this is not true, i had a look after seeing this. and on the ckeditor website it says this

CKEditor is distributed under the GPL, LGPL and MPL open source licenses. This triple copyleft licensing model avoids incompatibility with other open source licenses. These Open Source licenses are specially indicated for:

• Integrating CKEditor into Open Source software;
  • Personal and educational use of CKEditor;
  • Integrating CKEditor in commercial software, taking care of satisfying the Open Source licenses terms, while not able or interested on supporting CKEditor and its development.

the key point here, Integrating CKEditor into Open Source software. as oscommerce is also open source, which means you do not have to pay if you are using it with another open source programme

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

• 2 weeks later...

@nedragdnuos

This seems to be a problem of Ultrapics with Lightbox because I have made a test installation into a fresh osc 22rc2a of "Simple Multiple Images (Unlimited) with Fancy Popups V1.3.5"

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7008

and oscThumbs

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5491

and the error message is like yours

Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in ..catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 35

and appear when I click onto the back button at the preview page.

I'm still searching the responsible code :-(

If you have solved the problem in the meanwhile it would be great to post the code.

Thanks

• 5 months later...

I am trying to add the code to turn the editor on and off in admin per the contribution page which states:

Run this query in phpmyadmin. You can modyfy where you want this option listed. The groupe_id is for the configuration groupe in admin - configuration. No 1 is "My Store". The "sort order" is where in the list this will be added. For me no. 22 was the next availeble sort order under group_id = 1.

Changes to fit your store.

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` )

VALUES (

'', 'Use CKEditor', 'CKEditor_use', 'false', 'Select if you want to use CKEditor or not', 1, , '', '', NULL , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),'

)

when I run this SQL I get the folowing statement from phpmyadmin:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' '', '', NULL , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false'

help please

Sue

Easy way around it - use Add the info manually to the configuration table via query. The following should work for you:

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Use CKEditor', 'USE_CKEDITOR_ADMIN_TEXTAREA', 'False', 'Use CKEditor for WYSIWYG editing of text area fields in admin', 1, 99, '', now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''True'', ''False''), ');

Hi! New user here. Just unzipped the ckeditor folder in my public_html. I have no idea where to go from here in installing this. I was drawn to it because i read that I can load more imagines. my site is www.littletonscollectibles.com. will this work to increase the amount of images per product I can use? if not, can someone help me to find one?

Hi! New user here. Just unzipped the ckeditor folder in my public_html. I have no idea where to go from here in installing this. I was drawn to it because i read that I can load more imagines. my site is www.littletonscollectibles.com. will this work to increase the amount of images per product I can use? if not, can someone help me to find one?