• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

KissER Error Handling & Debugging [contribution]

FWR Media

Yikes! How did that get over here? Not the thread I was replying to. Please disregard.

Regards

Jim

I recon' it's that horrible Jan Zonjee bloke . . he moves posts like this for fun just to stress people out :blink:

[disclaimer]

Joking of course.

[/disclaimer]

Oh, so the thread shows again :thumbsup:

it was gone for a while..

I have one more error to solve:

E_STRICT Error Count: 1

Error: Non-static method KissMT_Modules::stripStopWords() cannot be called statically, assuming $this from compatible context KissMT_Module

File: includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/abstracts/kiss_modules.php

Line: 134

What to do with this?

Thanks!

I would love to be able to use this contribution, but, even though I am on PHP5, I get a blank page when I go to mysite/catalog/includes/kiss_error_handler.php.

Any ideas or common causes for this? All I saw earlier in this thread was a guy running PHP4.

I would love to be able to use this contribution, but, even though I am on PHP5, I get a blank page when I go to mysite/catalog/includes/kiss_error_handler.php.

Any ideas or common causes for this? All I saw earlier in this thread was a guy running PHP4.

Hate to reply to myself, but I figured it out. The instructions say to "open up" that page to set all the variable. I was trying to go there in my browser window, like it was a web page.

OK, so now I have tons of errors, but Google isn't really helping me figure any of them out. If you don't this thread used for errors, where should we go?

Hate to reply to myself, but I figured it out. The instructions say to "open up" that page to set all the variable. I was trying to go there in my browser window, like it was a web page.

OK, so now I have tons of errors, but Google isn't really helping me figure any of them out. If you don't this thread used for errors, where should we go?

The general forum is the place for general help .. like errors.

Oh, so the thread shows again :thumbsup:

it was gone for a while..

I have one more error to solve:

E_STRICT Error Count: 1

Error: Non-static method KissMT_Modules::stripStopWords() cannot be called statically, assuming $this from compatible context KissMT_Module

File: includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/abstracts/kiss_modules.php

Line: 134

What to do with this?

Thanks!

Hi .. this was handled ages ago but I haven't uploaded a new version since .. it should be ..

catalog/includes/modules/kiss_meta_tags/abstracts/kiss_modules.php ( line 280(ish) )

private static function stripStopWords( &$word ) {

The general forum is the place for general help .. like errors.

Oh, how stupid of me. Is there, like, a nerd dictionary you use that informs you that something like page errors are obviously, "general," as opposed to, say "specific," or whatever else morons like the rest of us might be inclined to assume? Because if I had that, I'd hang around message boards and jump at every chance to act like everything is obvious. Then I would be so cool.......

Oh, how stupid of me. Is there, like, a nerd dictionary you use that informs you that something like page errors are obviously, "general," as opposed to, say "specific," or whatever else morons like the rest of us might be inclined to assume? Because if I had that, I'd hang around message boards and jump at every chance to act like everything is obvious. Then I would be so cool.......

My reply obviously offended you, it wasn't intended to.

The thing is that this is a support thread for KissER and if anyone encountered a problem with the script they would look here for a remedy to the problem .. if this thread was full of "how do I deal with this error or that error" it would be extremely frustrating for users seeking help and would become useless as a support topic.

For that reason I redirected you to the General forum. The general forum would also be far more effective for you when asking for help as it is read and responded to by far more people than would be a specific support thread for a specific add on.

Hope that clarifies.

FWR Media, you sir, are a pro. Thanks a million for offering this contribution for free! I had no idea these errors existed on my shop until installing this on a whim.

Your contributions are among the best offered for Oscommerce. Especially Security Pro.

This contribution caught a few database tables in configuration that were accidentally duplicated from botched installs years ago!

• 2 weeks later...

Great contribution. After installing, I changed suppresses to screen - line 21 - and did a test run and there are some errors which is visible on screen below the footer. Then went into kiss_error_handler.php and edit line 30 to the following:

define( 'KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_GET_SWITCH', 'brs-giftshop.com/index.php?fwroutput' );   // string - false - user setting - see above comments

The errors isn't visible, not even to me. Even tried changing to screen back to suppresses, making no difference. So setting is at screen plus KISS_ERROR_REPORTING_GET_SWITCH is set as above.

So am I missing something?

Thanks.

Bennett

Ooops missed this!

brs-giftshop.com/index.php?fwroutput should be just fwroutput

• 1 month later...

Great Contribution, one question. I was muddling through your code in hopes of adding debug_print_backtrace to help chase down the source of my errors. Given the multi-layered setup of osCommerce (or most apps in general) having just the top level "hey this is failing" isn't always that helpful. Is this even possible?

Great Contribution, one question. I was muddling through your code in hopes of adding debug_print_backtrace to help chase down the source of my errors. Given the multi-layered setup of osCommerce (or most apps in general) having just the top level "hey this is failing" isn't always that helpful. Is this even possible?

Sadly osCommerce being procedural code we don't have the ability to stack trace as one can with exceptions. I added breakpoints to the contribution which you can use to filter the error down.

Hi Robert,

I have installed as per instructions but when I go to my site I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS in /homepages/43/d338516650/htdocs/includes/kiss_error_handler.php on line 70

Help please. I retraced the installation steps and I haven't edited kiss_error_handler.php file.

Regards

Sam

Hi Robert,

I have installed as per instructions but when I go to my site I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS in /homepages/43/d338516650/htdocs/includes/kiss_error_handler.php on line 70

Help please. I retraced the installation steps and I haven't edited kiss_error_handler.php file.

Regards

Sam

Hi Sam

KissER like all of my more recent contributions requires PHP 5.2+ after all .. 5.2 is from way back in 2006 .. approaching 5 years old.

Hi Sam

KissER like all of my more recent contributions requires PHP 5.2+ after all .. 5.2 is from way back in 2006 .. approaching 5 years old.

Know this may sound dumb but thankyou you not only fixed this problem but also another problem I had as well. It's always those little things that trip you up.

Thanks

Sam

P.S. My host dosen't plan on making PHP5 default until Q3 this year. Therefore I had to change it myself.

• 1 month later...

Minor Change for the new OsCommerce RC3

catalog/includes/kiss_error_handler.php

Line 206

Find ..

<div style="padding: 3em; font-family: verdana; width: 750px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;">

Change to ...

<div style="padding: 3em; font-family: verdana; width: 750px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; clear: both;">

• 1 month later...

Excuse my ignorance, would this be able to debug fckeditorcode_ie.js.ie file of the fckeditor add-onn? It does show errors errors there which denies me access?

I'm in the process of installing KissER

Regards

Felix

KissER debugs PHP and DB queries.

• 4 weeks later...

KissER Error Handling & Debugging

a KISS contribution ( Keep It Simple Stupid )

Download the current version

Thank you very much! :thumbsup: I feel myself as if I'm working on oscommerce V3.

I installed separately on admin side too, and made some modifications for my works.

Note: Dont copy (.htaccess) into catalog/admin/error directory and work. (osCv2.31)

Edited by Gergely

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.