• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Express Checkout and Website Payments Pro (Official Payment Module)

PayPal_AnthonyH

I emailed the template company and they said

The code you will find in this file:

includes\theme\checkout_payment.php

So I went into the theme folder for all four files that I previously asked about, and changed the code. I uploaded all files.

I logged into admin, clicked modules. I got this

Payment Modules

Modules Sort Order Action

Authorize.net Credit Card AIM

Authorize.net Credit Card SIM

Credit Card (Not For Production Use) 0

ChronoPay

Cash on Delivery 0

iPayment

Check/Money Order

NOCHEX

Warning: require_once(/home/jscb/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypal_base.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jscb/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_direct.php on line 12

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/jscb/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypal_base.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jscb/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_direct.php on line 12

Any help?

I emailed the template company and they said

So I went into the theme folder for all four files that I previously asked about, and changed the code. I uploaded all files.

I logged into admin, clicked modules. I got this

Any help?

I forgot to upload all of the other files, that did not have changed code. So far everything looks to be in working order.

I got the api username, pw, and other functions setup. I went into admin, then to catalog, to change prices on my products, and im getting this error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/jscb/public_html/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 1492

I dont think I can figure that one out by myself.

UPDATE:: Guess I can figure it out, at least for the moment. Sorry for jumping to help first!

Edited by dcrider1

My apologies all sorted now...

What did you do to fix the problem? Just saying 'all sorted out now' doesn't help anyone much - I too have a problem with PayPal not charging the shipping component in OSCMax. Trying to find the hic-up with not much success so far.

Perhaps what you found was your error would help me (and others).

Thanks,

John :-#(#

Well Im back to more problems.

#1)Now my tables or columns are all jacked up

www.burgersmarketpc.com/catalog

#2) I tried to order a product just for fun, I get this error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare usu5_base_filename() (previously declared in /home/jscb/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php:50) in /home/jscb/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 69

Well Im back to more problems.

#1)Now my tables or columns are all jacked up

#2) I tried to order a product just for fun, I get this error

dcrider1 - thank you for persistence with this, and apologise for the trouble that it is causing you. We are trying to work on a way to communicate how to implement the changes on customised carts, but this is proving quite tricky at the moment, so I'm afraid that I don't actually have a quick answer for you.

In regards to the error you're getting - the appication_top.php is not from our distribution, and I can't find anything obvious in the "stock" file - can you please confirm what might on lines 50 and 69 of the file that you are using?

Pinball - are you using the 180 distribution of the update?

Thanks,

Tin

dcrider1 - thank you for persistence with this, and apologise for the trouble that it is causing you. We are trying to work on a way to communicate how to implement the changes on customised carts, but this is proving quite tricky at the moment, so I'm afraid that I don't actually have a quick answer for you.

In regards to the error you're getting - the appication_top.php is not from our distribution, and I can't find anything obvious in the "stock" file - can you please confirm what might on lines 50 and 69 of the file that you are using?

Pinball - are you using the 180 distribution of the update?

Thanks,

Tin

Here is lines 45 to 71

/** 
 * USU5 function to return the base filename  
 */ 
 function usu5_base_filename() { 
   // Probably won't get past SCRIPT_NAME unless this is reporting cgi location 
   $base = new ArrayIterator( array( 'SCRIPT_NAME', 'PHP_SELF', 'REQUEST_URI', 'ORIG_PATH_INFO', 'HTTP_X_ORIGINAL_URL', 'HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL' ) ); 
   while ( $base->valid() ) { 
     if ( array_key_exists(  $base->current(), $_SERVER ) && !empty(  $_SERVER[$base->current()] ) ) { 
       if ( false !== strpos( $_SERVER[$base->current()], '.php' ) ) { 
         preg_match( '@[a-z0-9_]+\.php@i', $_SERVER[$base->current()], $matches ); 
         if ( is_array( $matches ) && ( array_key_exists( 0, $matches ) ) 
                                   && ( substr( $matches[0], -4, 4 ) == '.php' ) 
                                   && ( is_readable( $matches[0] ) || ( false !== strpos( $_SERVER[$base->current()], 'ext/modules/' ) ) ) ) { 
           return $matches[0]; 
         }  
       }  
     } 
     $base->next(); 
   } 
   // Some odd server set ups return / for SCRIPT_NAME and PHP_SELF when accessed as mysite.com (no index.php) where they usually return /index.php 
   if ( ( $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] == '/' ) || ( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] == '/' ) ) { 
     return 'index.php'; 
   }  
   trigger_error( 'USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer.', E_USER_WARNING ); 
 } // End function 
// set php_self in the local scope 
 $PHP_SELF = usu5_base_filename();

• 2 weeks later...

Here is lines 45 to 71

/** 
 * USU5 function to return the base filename  
 */ 
 function usu5_base_filename() { 
   // Probably won't get past SCRIPT_NAME unless this is reporting cgi location 
   $base = new ArrayIterator( array( 'SCRIPT_NAME', 'PHP_SELF', 'REQUEST_URI', 'ORIG_PATH_INFO', 'HTTP_X_ORIGINAL_URL', 'HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL' ) ); 
   while ( $base->valid() ) { 
     if ( array_key_exists(  $base->current(), $_SERVER ) && !empty(  $_SERVER[$base->current()] ) ) { 
       if ( false !== strpos( $_SERVER[$base->current()], '.php' ) ) { 
         preg_match( '@[a-z0-9_]+\.php@i', $_SERVER[$base->current()], $matches ); 
         if ( is_array( $matches ) && ( array_key_exists( 0, $matches ) ) 
                                   && ( substr( $matches[0], -4, 4 ) == '.php' ) 
                                   && ( is_readable( $matches[0] ) || ( false !== strpos( $_SERVER[$base->current()], 'ext/modules/' ) ) ) ) { 
           return $matches[0]; 
         }  
       }  
     } 
     $base->next(); 
   } 
   // Some odd server set ups return / for SCRIPT_NAME and PHP_SELF when accessed as mysite.com (no index.php) where they usually return /index.php 
   if ( ( $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] == '/' ) || ( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] == '/' ) ) { 
     return 'index.php'; 
   }  
   trigger_error( 'USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer.', E_USER_WARNING ); 
 } // End function 
// set php_self in the local scope 
 $PHP_SELF = usu5_base_filename();

Any help?

With the help of a few great people, the cart looks to be working. I have not tested the functionality.

Now, how do I fix or find the problems relating to the jacked up tables and or columns?

With the help of a few great people, the cart looks to be working. I have not tested the functionality.

Now, how do I fix or find the problems relating to the jacked up tables and or columns?

So i think this might be the issue. In the module, column_left.php has to be modified. Because of my "theme/template", I think this is where the issue is. Can anyone see the problem?

Original column_left code

<?php
/*
 $Id: column_right.php,v 1.17 2003/06/09 22:06:41 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

<div style="padding-top:5px"><?php if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', 'baner_01')) echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></div>

*/
?>

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <?php require DIR_WS_BOXES.'categories.php';?>
 <tr><td height="5"></td></tr>
 <?php require DIR_WS_BOXES.'specials.php';?>
 <tr><td height="5"></td></tr>
 <tr><td><?php require DIR_WS_BOXES.'best_sellers.php';?></td></tr>
 <tr><td height="10"></td></tr>
</table>

Module column_left code

<?php
/*
 $Id: column_left.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
   echo tep_cache_categories_box();
 } else {
   include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');
 }

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
   echo tep_cache_manufacturers_box();
 } else {
   include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturers.php');
 }

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'whats_new.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'search.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php');
 /**
  * START
  * PayPal Logo
  * This will put the paypal logo in the left column
  */
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'paypalLogo.php');
 /**
  * END
  * PayPal Logo
  */
?>

Edited by dcrider1

Hi PayPal,

I have an issue with PayPal Express.

I use PayPal Pro and PayPal Express.

I have two checkout buttons at my shopping_cart: a regular checkout button, and a Checkout with Paypal button. I understand that the deal with PayPal Express is that it populates all the delivery and billing fields so that the customer doesn't have to register their details with my store.

So if someone does the regular checkout with my store, they go thru the regular process, i.e. login --> delivery options --> payment options --> confirmation / enter cc details --> success.

When a customer clicks the PayPal Express button from the shopping_cart, they are taken to PayPal, they confirm their address and payment choice, then they are taken directly to checkout confirmation - at no stage are they able to choose a delivery option. It just populates the delivery option with a default, which I guess is dependent on the country code of where they're coming in from.

So how on earth do I let people checking out with PayPal Express choose their delivery option?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm having a slight problem with the installation of osc_Paypal_v180

I installed all the necessary files (I think) but now something is broken on each individual product page.

it's giving me an error like this on each page

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_type' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_type from products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '26' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas where the conflict might be or where to look? I guess I'm going to try and restore certain files one at a time and hope i get lucky.

Thanks

EDIT** Restoring the original product_info.php page fixed it temporarily, I just have to go through the supplied version and see what's been modified....

Edited by sphinx797

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Anthony

I have tried the dowlaod that you recommend but I could still not get the checkout to work and it completely messed up the website so had to restore the backup.

To clarify - I amended the files you list and I ALSO added the other files to the site - is the latter correct or do I just amend the files listed on your notes?

Sarah

Is there any way to switch off Paypal Express changing the shipping address during checkout? Some people aren't keeping their Paypal addresses up to date and they also do not inform me of the change. Product is getting shipped and not received or returned.

Hi,

Sincere apologies to all who have been waiting for assistance. For some reason, my notifications weren't coming through for the past few posts.

I have tried the dowlaod that you recommend but I could still not get the checkout to work and it completely messed up the website so had to restore the backup.

To clarify - I amended the files you list and I ALSO added the other files to the site - is the latter correct or do I just amend the files listed on your notes?

@SASSYSARAH and SPHINX767 - The general installation process involves copying (and overwriting) the files in each of the directories (as opposed to just copying over and replacing the directories and their contents). If any of your codebase has been customised, then you will need to go through the files, and manually add in the PayPal-specific changes. I appreciate that this is a painstaking process, and far from ideal, but we are still working with our developers to figure out the best way forward.

Is there any way to switch off Paypal Express changing the shipping address during checkout? Some people aren't keeping their Paypal addresses up to date and they also do not inform me of the change. Product is getting shipped and not received or returned.

There doesn't seem to be a way to do this via the configuration, but you can force this behaviour by adding a line of code in the file:

catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php

Go down to approximately line 372 of this file (I am going by the 180 release), and add the following code:

$params['ADDRESSOVERRIDE'] = '1';

So how on earth do I let people checking out with PayPal Express choose their delivery option?

Are you referring to the big yellow "Checkout with PayPal" button? If so, the buyer will be returned BACK to your store after they have clicked "Continue" from the PayPal page. At this point, it should show a confirmation screen, where the buyer can change addresses etc.

Thanks,

Tin

• 1 month later...

This payment module for paypal payment pro says that it supports recurring payments but it doesn't indicate how to use this, just how to enable it. So does that mean that all products would have to be recurring type products. I am looking for a way to have both subscription and non-subscription products in my store. This module does not indicate if you are required to sign up for recurring payments with paypal but I assume that you have to. Can someone tell me if this will allow you to have both recurring and non-recurring payments? Thank you.

i have to a problem:

I installed checkout express and everything is working fine, choose delivery info, payment info, redirect to sandbox, paying with card, as a non guest, reviewing the order, and when I'm redirected back to the site to confirm the order i don't have any delivery or billing address which i previously choose in delivery and payment info.

this is my only problem, no addresses on billing and delivery on the confirm page and the mail also doesn't contain these adresses.

Any one can help me please....

the strange think is that i use the john doe account these addresses appear

Thank you in advance.

PS: I'm using version 180

Edited by fridodido

I am using the version 177 at this time and am having a similar problem. The addresses (Billing and Shipping) are not in the email the store sends me informing me that something was ordered. They do show up in the order file.

It does NOT however add a new address to the files if it is different as I thought it did. the other thing that is a problem is that the shipping method is missing and in the database it is showing up as HTML code "<table width="100%" border="0" c"

any ideas??

• 4 weeks later...

I upgraded a month ago from standard to pro with the virtual terminal. The code for the pro& express is really messed up. I used both the code from the add-on section and then the one directly from paypal and neither work correctly. I finally had to have my web builder try it and he even said the coding sucks.

Every time I activate the express checkout it crashes and order placed through the cart.

Right now I am paying $30.00 MONTH to use paypal standard when I should be using the Pro.

Anybody else having the same issues?

• 4 weeks later...

hi

ive just installed v180 and have 2 problems:

1. customers can checkout without entering any credit card details, meaning they can checkout for free, because the store owner then gets an email suggesting they have paid, so would proceed to send off what they ordered, so BIG problem :(

2. when paypal express checkout is selected, either by clicking the button or selecting it as the payment method, it says register_globals is disabled, but in my catalog/php.ini file, register_globals is on?

please help me really need to get my store working asap :(

Hello,

I've got the contrib working (after a good many hours). Payments are being processed correctly using paypal express sandbox; order confirmation emails are being sent, sandbox test emails are as they should be, and orders are appearing correctly in the oscommerce admin.

Just one thing: after payment is confirmed on checkout_confirmation the would-be customer is being directed to the (empty) shopping cart rather than checkout_success. Orders are working so this is not a massive issue but I think it's a bit unprofessional - the customer would be unsure whether the order was processed or not (until they checked their email). I've tried fiddling with checkout_process to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Jaya

• 3 weeks later...

I have just installed this module and am now getting the following error:

1146 - Table 'userweb62027.paypal_rp_product_profile' doesn't exist

SELECT billingPeriod, billingFrequency, totalBillingCycles, trialBillingPeriod, trialBillingFrequency, trialTotalBillingCycles, trialAmt FROM paypal_rp_product_profile WHERE products_id=8106

[TEP STOP]

The problem appears to be that the module has not installed all the required tables and columns. There was no additional command or guidance provided in the setup and installation instructions and it appears lots of other people have been getting a similar error and moved to using Paypal Standard.

Can i please request a response from the developer regarding how i can fix this error and also including notes on making these changes in the installation guidance that is included with the module files?

Best regards,

Adam

We run 2.2rc2a and we've run into a problem that I can't figure out.

We only want 2 options available to the customer:

1) Check out with Paypal using customer's paypal account, where we do not receive any CC info.

and

2) Check out with Paypal for a non-paypal account where we have to receive CC info and forward it to Paypal

The big yellow Paypal button is on a customers shopping cart page. When they click this, they are forwarded to Paypal where they login, click continue and all of a sudden they are forwarded back to our page where an error indicating they have to select a Payment option. Well, we only have one option that is on the site which reads:

This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order.

Credit or Debit Card (Processed securely by PayPal)

At this point all they can do is click the Continue button where on the following page it asks for their Credit Card information.

ACK -- we're making them give us their CC info as the only option!

So, what happened to the Paypal option where we do not ask for the CC info??

Am I misunderstanding something?

I hope to get this resolved soon. This is very concerning to our customers who have recently notified me about this problem.

Thanks!

// CDA

In standard Murphy Law protocol, I found the problem minutes after I posted which tells me I should have posted my problem hours ago.

The solution was to make sure that the Payment Option: PayPal Website Payments Standard is checked on.

This is what enables the payment option called "Paypal" to be listed in the Payment Method table.

However, this does not explain why is the Paypal button located inside the Shopping Cart.

When I click on this button, the same error happens as I described before. It doesn't make sense, does it?