• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate Download

thedoctor

Hi All

I am currently merging three modifications to do with a download only store, which will offer free products and paid products.

At the moment I have a button where you can upload the file to the website, bypass payment module for free products, plus using the Paypal module for paid for products. A link on the checkout success page where you can download the file directly. This will also be available from the history section.

I am also planning on removing the mandatory address, this could still be inputted and be shown, but if it isn't then no great loss. This would be used if you do sell other products that need to be delivered.

Does anyone else have any ideas on what would make the perfect virtual download store?

I do have most of the above already in place, it is quite a large modification, but it is worth it.

Many thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I have put some of this together, you can view this at my site www.garyfoster.net I have put together a short introduction to this mod as well here.

I have a few changes to make, and am very busy with work at the moment, I plan to get this launched in the next couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this is now available via the contributions area on this site and also on my own site via garyfoster.net/catalog/ where you can also check it out to see it working from the front end.

Edited by Jan Zonjee

I've tried to use your store to get the contribution in question (and to see how it works before installing it) but it will not let me create an account. I keep getting the error to choose a state from the pull down menu, but there is no state pull down menu to choose it from.

Naloomi

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried to use your store to get the contribution in question (and to see how it works before installing it) but it will not let me create an account. I keep getting the error to choose a state from the pull down menu, but there is no state pull down menu to choose it from.

Naloomi

I will look into that, I thought I had disabled that.

I have since discovered a few other issues which I am hoping to iron out in the next week or so, I am very busy with work at the moment but will hopefully be looking into the problems next week.

Naloomi

Hi Naloomi

I have just registered on my site. I did try without selecting a country and I got the following error

Errors have occured during the process of your form.

Please make the following corrections:

* You must select a country from the Countries pull down menu.

I am confused as to why it is asking for the state though.

I have fixed one issue, I will hopefully be uploading this shortly.

There is still an error in the products_attributes.php, it works, it's just annoying if you have to make an update without uploading a new file. The error that comes up if you don't have to upload a new file is

Warning: copy() [function.copy]: The first argument to copy() function cannot be a directory in /home/garyf1/public_html/catalog/admin/products_attributes.php on line 169

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/XXXXXX/public_html/catalog/admin/products_attributes.php:169) in /home/XXXXX/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

The error is down to the fact that there isn't a new file being uploaded, therefore it can't move the old one to the tmp folder.

If anyone can figure out what the problem is please let me know. If you do make any changes then these do go through, you just get the above error.

• 2 weeks later...

Does this allow group downloads? (Like if someone buys a set of downloads, it will show them all)? We are currently using super download shop and having a lot of problems with it.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If the user buys more than one download at the same time then these are all available for download on the checkout_success.php page. The user can also download the items through the "My Account" page when viewing the previous products that have been sold.

I hope this makes sense. I to had problems with Super Download which is why I put this together. It wouldn't even let me install it.

There is a small issue with the coding at the moment, I think there is a ) missing. This is admin side only, but due to life getting in the way I haven't been able to investigate fully yet.

Edited by thedoctor

If the user buys more than one download at the same time then these are all available for download on the checkout_success.php page. The user can also download the items through the "My Account" page when viewing the previous products that have been sold.

I hope this makes sense. I to had problems with Super Download which is why I put this together. It wouldn't even let me install it.

There is a small issue with the coding at the moment, I think there is a ) missing. This is admin side only, but due to life getting in the way I haven't been able to investigate fully yet.

lol at least you are honest - there's always a ) missing (or is it a } ???) but that doesn't matter if it works right. I am seriously hoping my client wants to uninstall the super download shop - it's a fabulous idea and IF you can manage to get parts of it working it's pretty cool but honestly it has SO many problems and not much support I'm just sick of it. I hope I can try your contribution soon. I definitely will with the next shop I work on.

Cheers~

You can try it out on my website garyfoster.net/catalog see if it does what you want from the public side. The only issue I am aware off is in the admin side not the public side.

Hope you find it useful. I will try and help as much as I can with it, but I am not technically speaking a coder, this is a merge of several mods that I found which haven't been updated recently, there have been small changes made to work with the latest release of osCommerce, but nothing major.

Many thanks

Gary

You can try it out on my website garyfoster.net/catalog see if it does what you want from the public side. The only issue I am aware off is in the admin side not the public side.

Hope you find it useful. I will try and help as much as I can with it, but I am not technically speaking a coder, this is a merge of several mods that I found which haven't been updated recently, there have been small changes made to work with the latest release of osCommerce, but nothing major.

Many thanks

Gary

Thank you. Yes I went to your site yesterday but didn't see any group downloads - only single. Also was trying to test out on a free one so I didn't get charged. I wasn't even going to download just wanted to see if the links appeared, etc. Is there a particular product I can try out to see it in action?

Edit: Also I understand if they buy more than one download product, they would get the links for each one, but we have groups where someone buys a series (instead of just one episode) and we need ALL links to be available. The reason why is even if we zipped all the episodes together, some would be like 3gb and time out so we have to have separate files that apply to one product purchase.

Edited by ~Kira

You can download the sample product garyfoster.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=26

Unfortunately it doesn't support those types of group downloads.

I have just realized that the latest version of Ultimate download is not on my site. I have a free weekend so will try and get it up then.

Edited by thedoctor

OK, I have made absolutely no changes, and it now works, I have no idea what the problem is.

If you experience the same problem then please let me know so I can do a real comparison between my files and yours. The issue was in admin/product_attributes.php if you tried to update a product without uploading a new file it would come up with an error.

I am baffled by this.

You can download the sample product garyfoster.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=26

Unfortunately it doesn't support those types of group downloads.

I have just realized that the latest version of Ultimate download is not on my site. I have a free weekend so will try and get it up then.

• 2 months later...

i have now installed the add-on but i get a white page when i am wiewing "products_attributes.php" so i guess i migth have done something wrong .. but i shouldn't be abel to read and copy/paste so any ideas of why i get a white page when i am viewing it ?

i have now installed the add-on but i get a white page when i am wiewing "products_attributes.php" so i guess i migth have done something wrong .. but i shouldn't be abel to read and copy/paste so any ideas of why i get a white page when i am viewing it ?

sorry for dubble post but i think i have found the error i got before in the install tut you say i shall add

/********** Begin Attributes Download Manager -- part of ultimate download added my www.garyfoster.net ***********/
 require('includes/functions/products_attributes_upload.php');
/********** End Attributes Download Manager -- part of ultimate download added my www.garyfoster.net ***********/

under

require('includes/application_top.php');

in file "admin/products_attributes.php"

but somehow i don't got that file on server so it might be why i am getting a white page after installing this mod :S

am i right or wrong ?