• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Express with 4 clicks and a selection choice

graith

I was frustrated with the Paypal Express modules out there. I thought, "what's the point of an Express checkout button on the shopping cart page if you have to create an OSC account so that the shipping can be chosen?"

I was amazed that not even Paypal got it right, but then Google didn't get it right with their OSC Google checkout module.

So I've built a new one from scratch.

2. It has one button on the shopping cart page. You click it you go to Paypal with a shop logo at the top of that page
  3. You log in to your Paypal account (or Sandbox).
  4. You see the shopping cart and a selection of shipping options. You choose a shipping option (or don't if there's only one choice)
  5. You click "Pay Now"
    You're taken back to your OSC checkout success page with an account created if it's not already registered and all the order details in your OSC admin.

It's NOT a payment module, but it does have configuration in your Admin. It won't conflict with Onepage Checkout but may need some modifications if you've changed checkout_process.php.

I built the original Google Checkout payment and now I'm looking for help testing this one.

At the moment I've only built it for MS2.2 and there's minimal instruction (that's part of what I need to do) and I've only tested it for a few shipping modules. I use CRE Loaded, so I'll certainly be testing it with that. I'm not planning on doing it for Zencart, so don't ask.

Please personal message me if you'd like to take part in testing.

Your server needs to support CURL (check your Admin / Tools / Server info page)

Your sever needs to be able to communicate with Paypal server directly.

Don't bother if you don't know PHP (enough to install an addon)

Don't bother if you'd be upset if it didn't work for any reason.

Don't bother if you're the impatient sort that need it finished yesterday (having said that, I'm expecting it finished by March 2010)

I'm looking for 10 developers.

Thanks

Graith

I reviewed about six paypal express / wpp free addons. If I missed something or if there's already a module out there that does it properly, please let me know - no point in re-inventing the wheel!

• 2 weeks later...