• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Security Pro, revised code by Spooks

ogwinilo

I've read the thread regarding this issue and have seen a similar question asked but has not seen an answer.

Where exactly in application_top.php (catalog and admin) do we put the code as cited below.

Thanks

You could use this code, though I`ve not tested in other languages:

// clean posted varsfunction clean_var ($vars) { if (!is_array($vars)) { return preg_replace("/[^\w@ :{}_.-]/i", "", urldecode($vars)); } else { return array_map('clean_var', $vars); }} reset($_POST); while (list($key, $value) = each($_POST)) { $_POST[$key] = clean_var ($_POST[$key]); }

I have used that code on the client side application top, so avoiding modding a load of files.

If adding to admin you would need to allow more chars as you add html etc in admin, like:

// clean posted varsfunction clean_var ($vars) { if (!is_array($vars)) { return preg_replace("/[^\/\w@ :<>{}&\"\'=_.-]/i", "", urldecode($vars)); } else { return array_map('clean_var', $vars); }} reset($_POST); while (list($key, $value) = each($_POST)) { $_POST[$key] = clean_var ($_POST[$key]); }

But how useful it is then would be debatable, you may need to look at the specific areas mentioned in your link

Its not a update or replacement for security pro, security pro cleans the query string, that cleans the post, not the same. huh.gif

I did suggest a place in the proper thread, just put it after the security pro code. wink.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Its not a update or replacement for security pro, security pro cleans the query string, that cleans the post, not the same. huh.gif

I did suggest a place in the proper thread, just put it after the security pro code. wink.gif

Thanks for the response, I had come accross this line;

'This little snippit will replace the previous & clean any arrays too'

Referring to the earlier post as cited below;

after:

require('includes/application_top.php');

add:

// clean posted varsreset($_POST); while (list($key, $value) = each($_POST)) { if (!is_array($_POST[$key])) { $_POST[$key] = preg_replace("/[^ a-zA-Z0-9@%:{}_.-]/i", "", urldecode($_POST[$key])); } else { unset($_POST[$key]); } // no arrays expected

Otherwise, i truly appreciate the work you do here, especially the latest one, Sam's anti-hacker account mods. I intend installing as soon i'm done with the rest and hoping that it integrates smoothly with the rest.

well done again

Archived