Sign in to follow this  
heisl1903

Problem with Customer Testimonial

Hallo

I have installed Customers Testimonials .

It shows up in Admin - no errors

To show the button in the shop I am suppose to place the following code right before ?> in column left or right.

// Begin Scrolling Customer Testimonials v1.0

// Do not load Testimonials box if page is SSL

// Why? It may trigger SSL warning

if ($request_type != 'SSL') {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'customer_testimonials.php');

}

// End Scrolling Scrolling Customer Testimonials v1.0

Now the point is, I dont have any columns so I tried to place it somewhere in the header between login and create account. but it just don't work!

Anyone any ideas what i am doing wrong here? - I'll be happy with any advices.

thank you in advance

heisl1903

Hallo

I have installed Customers Testimonials .

It shows up in Admin - no errors

To show the button in the shop I am suppose to place the following code right before ?> in column left or right.

// Begin Scrolling Customer Testimonials v1.0

// Do not load Testimonials box if page is SSL

// Why? It may trigger SSL warning

if ($request_type != 'SSL') {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'customer_testimonials.php');

}

// End Scrolling Scrolling Customer Testimonials v1.0

Now the point is, I dont have any columns so I tried to place it somewhere in the header between login and create account. but it just don't work!

Anyone any ideas what i am doing wrong here? - I'll be happy with any advices.

thank you in advance

heisl1903

FIRST...backup whatever file you are changing.......ALWAYS..

Not familiar with the contrib personally, however since they used the constant DIR_WS_BOXES they(hopefully) followed normal osCommerce standard and this is normal box. The above code would be placed in your /includes/column_left.php or /includes/column_right.php, whichever side you want it to be shown in. You can vary it's postition upwards or downwards in the column by where you place the code. If you put it before the ending ?> it will on the very bottom or you can place it between whatever include's or require's are in the file. Just be careful that you don't place inside any IF statements, or if you do that you understand what the IF statement is doing.

Hope this helps,

Frank

There is a Customer Testimonials Support thread maintained by Richard Cranium, he is very good and will assist you if he can.

Chris

:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

FIRST...backup whatever file you are changing.......ALWAYS..

Not familiar with the contrib personally, however since they used the constant DIR_WS_BOXES they(hopefully) followed normal osCommerce standard and this is normal box. The above code would be placed in your /includes/column_left.php or /includes/column_right.php, whichever side you want it to be shown in. You can vary it's postition upwards or downwards in the column by where you place the code. If you put it before the ending ?> it will on the very bottom or you can place it between whatever include's or require's are in the file. Just be careful that you don't place inside any IF statements, or if you do that you understand what the IF statement is doing.

Hope this helps,

Frank

sorry for the late reply

thank you

I have tried to place it into the header as I don't have any columns. It just won't show up - no matter where I place it.

I will keep on trying

but anyway thank you for your quick reply

There is a Customer Testimonials Support thread maintained by Richard Cranium, he is very good and will assist you if he can.

Chris

thank you for your reply I thing I will have to check this out.

sorry for the late reply.